Whatcha Eatin?

There's nothing that beats a savoury breakfast.
Must disagree with you on that... For over 30 years now All I ever eat for breakfast is fruit! Read about it in a book called
‘Fit for Life’ gave it a try and can not imagine ever changing! The idea is nothing but fruit before Noon and no fruit after a meal unless you have a few hours in between...this is because fruit takes Very little time to digest - most take half an hour
bananas about an hour, whereas most everything else takes hours to digest... This keeps things moving... Works for me...

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Must disagree with you on that... For over 30 years now All I ever eat for breakfast is fruit! Read about it in a book called
‘Fit for Life’ gave it a try and can not imagine ever changing! The idea is nothing but fruit before Noon and no fruit after a meal unless you have a few hours in between...this is because fruit takes Very little time to digest - most take half an hour
bananas about an hour, whereas most everything else takes hours to digest... This keeps things moving... Works for me...

Haha I was only stating my own personal preference. I'm a huge fruit lover but don't like the former for breakfast. I need a fibre loaded protein breakfast because I tend to feel hunger pangs before lunchtime if I have a high/med carb meal.

However, I don't mind a bowl of yogurt with berries and a sprinkle of oat bran from time to time. :cool:

Reactions: Emma JC
Haha I was only stating my own personal preference. I'm a huge fruit lover but don't like the former for breakfast. I need a fibre loaded protein breakfast because I tend to feel hunger pangs before lunchtime if I have a high/med carb meal.

However, I don't mind a bowl of yogurt with berries and a sprinkle of oat bran from time to time. :cool:
Yep, just goes to show once again How different we all are!
For myself if I start the day without eating Anything I can go All day without eating!
When I was volunteering at a plant nursery a few years back I left the house Really early to avoid the traffic, stopped at Starbucks for a decaf soy cappuccino for an hour and then went to the nursery arriving at 8am... some days I went All day without eating - just drinking lots of water- until I was home around 8pm... When I am doing something that I Really enjoy like working with plants the time just flies and I don’t feel hungry!

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
There's nothing that beats a savoury breakfast.
I had the leftover vegetable curry with quinoa with added baked beans, peas and spinach and a spoonful of tikka sauce to give it more flavour. It was really nice.
One of the first vegans I ever met followed the advice in that book.

Leftover black bean & sp chilli with added spinach and frankfurters plus a dollop of coconut yogurt/sprinkle of chilli/lime flakes.
A mandarin
A berry infusion

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm with you there! I've never wanted breakfast, and now I wake up at 3:30 and have 3 prunes then at 9 I usually have a bowl of cooked grains and fruit

Reactions: Emma JC and 1956