Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new favorite breakfast is oatmeal with peanut butter and banana. Not eating it yet but I will be.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
20180528_113902.jpg
Chocolate chip scones (only one but I thought the pic would look better with two, haha) and a cup of very strong and delicious black coffee. The scones are still warm.

About to ingest the falafel-tabouli wrap I just made, along with some no-salt chips (crisps) & homemade dill-ified ranch.... :drool:

Falafel-Tabouli-Wrap.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
For breakfast i ate: greek yougurt, dates, green apple, peach, pumpkin seeds, black chocolate.
For dinner: spinach pie, bean-potato-pepper-carrot soup, sauerkraut, pickles.
For supper: napa-cabbage-tomato-cucke salad, pickled seaweed, rhubarb.:p
This is rediculous, but i never(!) made a split pea soup! (Because my dad used to feed us tons of pea soup stuffed with smoked ribso_O, and i'm kinda fed with it). I guess, this is the right time to change something. Now i'm up to making it and adding lots of random ingredients, as i love to "perform" experiments on food:dance::D.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadamSarcastra
The remaining half-pouch of Barilla rotini (Ready Pasta), a few nuggets of roasted (fresh) cauliflower, a drizzle of the low sodium marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of homemade vegan walnut-parm....

The parm turn out great... and it's sooo freaking tasty! :drool:

VeganParm.JPG

Walnut parm? What else do you put in it? I haven't been buying cashews because they are so expensive, so I'm curious about this @MadamSarcastra. Thank you in advance. :D

Walnut parm? What else do you put in it? I haven't been buying cashews because they are so expensive, so I'm curious about this @MadamSarcastra. Thank you in advance. :D

I went with this super-simple recipe for reference: Easy Walnut Parmesan

• 1 c walnuts, pieces or whole
  • 1/4 c nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Of course, I like to use twice the amount of garlic powder, onion powder, & nooch... and I added a couple tiny shakes of smoked paprika this time. :leer:

Oh, and I use raw walnuts.... :up:

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Spaghetti with falafel in sauce and fresh salad (cabbage, cucumber, tomato, parsley, dill, sorrel, olive and linseed oil).

For falafel:
- Chickpeas - 1,5 cups
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Onion - 2 pieces
- Parsley - 1 bunch of 5-7 springs
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Caraway - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper powder - 1/3 tsp.
- Cumin (zira) - on the tip of a spoon / knife
- Vegetable oil for frying
For sauce:
- Tomato juice - 1 cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp.
- Curry - 1/4 tsp.
- Ground ginger - 1/4 tsp.

Cooking:
Cook chickpeas, fry onion and garlic, add to the chickpeas. Add parsley, salt, spices. Grind with a blender.
Form balls, coat with flour and fry on both sides. Put in a saucepan. Prepare the sauce and pour to falafel.
Stew under a lid for 3-5 minutes. (from "Vegetarium" YT channel)

Cafe Indigo’s carrot cake. :lick:

Just have eaten two:eek: spinach pies for breakfast. And i'm overloaded:sigh::D.
Yesterday i had lots of tomato-napa cabbage-pickles salad, split pea soup, sauerkraut, greek yougurts, spinach pies, pickled beets and cuckes,etc... Today i'm gonna eat the rest of leftovers as we're leaving soon.o_O

Just have eaten two:eek: spinach pies for breakfast. And i'm overloaded:sigh::D.
Yesterday i had lots of tomato-napa cabbage-pickles salad, split pea soup, sauerkraut, greek yougurts, spinach pies, pickled beets and cuckes,etc... Today i'm gonna eat the rest of leftovers as we're leaving soon.o_O
That gives me an idea for another "Communal Cook-Fest".... Make another Veggie Viewer's favorite food! :weird:

What do those beloved spinach pies look like? Do they look anything like these?

9efa3f_4cd503d27e434c36bb5281100821c16b~mv2_d_2103_1236_s_2.jpg

That's a pic from Zitoon... I used to get those with the vegetarian platter. Sadly, they're the only thing on it that's not vegan (feta).... :pout:

That gives me an idea for another "Communal Cook-Fest".... Make another Veggie Viewer's favorite food! :weird:

What do those beloved spinach pies look like? Do they look anything like these?

9efa3f_4cd503d27e434c36bb5281100821c16b~mv2_d_2103_1236_s_2.jpg

That's a pic from Zitoon... I used to get those with the vegetarian platter. Sadly, they're the only thing on it that's not vegan (feta).... :pout:
Haha, it's round shaped, we call them "snail-pie".:D We also have qutabs (Qutab is an Azerbaijani dish made from thinly rolled dough that is cooked briefly on a convex griddle known as saj.) It can be made with fat mutton, beef, pork, etc. But mine contain only baked greens.:drool:

Last edited:
I'm now eating korean-style pressed soy bean fiber and my fabulous soup of split pea flakes, bell peppers, green beans, dill, tomatoes, courgettes, carrots, tomato salsa, flax seed flour, various seasonings.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.