Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to make pasta salad.... YUM!! :drool:

I'm not a huge fan of vinegar-y stuff... I'll have to find an Italian dressing to suit me, I guess. :rolleyes: -- (When in doubt, I get Newman's Own sauces/salsas/etc... just 'cuz the proceeds go to charity.)

You know, @PTree15 ... I was almost set on my notion to try to make ravioli from scratch tomorrow for my Saturday cooking project. That sounds like way more work that I'd like.... Pasta salad it is!! LMAO :D

:thanks: for the idea/reminder!
LOL, happy to help! I'm the opposite of you when it comes to anything vinegar-y. I love the stuff! :D

LOL, happy to help! I'm the opposite of you when it comes to anything vinegar-y. I love the stuff! :D
I think I'll end up having to make my own dressing. I checked what was available at my Kroger, and the only ones that interested me had friggin' cheese in them... or preservatives/MSG/too much sugar/too much sodium.... :pout:

This looks easy, and I already have all this stuff:

• 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup (I used honey) <---- I'll use maple syrup. ;)
  • pinch salt
From Italian Herb Dressing Recipe - My Whole Food Life

Pasta salad made with rotini, broccoli, carrots, red onions, tomatoes and black olives in Italian dressing. I could eat this every day and never tire of it. :D
Haha! I made that Sunday and have taken it for lunch every. single. day. And a couple nights...:p
I really don't like pasta salads, but it seems so basic, and summery, so I keep choking them down :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val
Just about to play a game & eat:

A Flatout Foldit rosemary-olive oil flatbread, spread with that terrible vegan pesto I just bought (LOL), baby spinach, and a homemade lentil/garbanzo/brown rice/veggie patty, topped with sliced Roma tomato & a slice of Daiya "cheddar"....

LentilBanzoRice Sammich.JPG Plus some chips/crisps & an improvised dip. :D

Just have eaten the rest of raw cashews and awesome nectarines we bought yesterday before getting on a train. I want more cashews and nectarines!:gl::D (And iranian dates):p.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Last night I made six broccoli & "cheese" potato skins, gave one to Jer, ate four, having the remaining one now for a quick snack.... :lick:

Reactions: Val
I haven't been hungry for a looong time as i'm struggling colitis=>constant bloating:mad:, but today, due to the pouring rain and pain in legs, i stayed in bed for too long, and i kinda feel some hunger. So, i have my amaranth porridge with veggies, korean-style pressed soy fiber, and salad of napa cabbage, tomatoes, cukes, yeast and apple cider vinegar:p Just waiting the rain to stop and have a walk.:rolleyes:

For the lunch: beet-potato-carrot-peas-pickles salad with apple cider vinegar, and a napa cabbage-tomato-pickles salad with vinegar and yeast.
For the dinner: veggie curry, rye bread with horseradish, the beet salad again.
Eating now (at 11.10p.m.): amaranth-veggie porridge, rye bread with mustard, korean-style pressed soy fiber, and korean-style shredded carrots.
In addition- amaranth grist (though it's not a food actually:p).
P.S.: And i've mistaken,- it's not a Dijon mustard, it's a Sarepta mustard, subspecies "Slavyanka". Indeed, a "pluck voice" one.:dizzy::yes:

Tofu quiche on hash brown crust. This time made from silken tofu and spinach. I think I like regular extra firm tofu better for this, but the shelf stable silken was expiring
This may be my favorite meal, but with onions, mushrooms, spinach and shredded Daiya block havarit jalepano

Do you mind telling me, how do you make your quiche crust? (Or is it a ready premade crust sold at the store?) Do you bake it in the oven? :innocent:
P.S. I really want to make my own quiche (and qutabs, hehehe:leer:) with baked greens, veggies and e.g. beans, (as i used to put all of these inside the pathetic lavash which i could find, and pretend that it was a real armenian lavash). And the quiches which are sold at the local bakery are small and stale, and contain mushrooms, cheese and chicken).o_O So i learned how to make a raw strudel instead.:p

The rain drumming on my roof finally stopped, and the dozens of forest birds' voices can be heard from my upper lanai. It's 3.45a.m., i can't sleep again, lying around in my bed and eating a bar of deliscious dark vegan chocolate with pectine, grapefruit chunks and vegan waffles.). It's crispy and chewy.:lick: Also eating green apples and unripened tunisian dates.:rofl:

It's upside down 'cuz I had the plate over the stove burner that vents from the oven that was on to bake Veggie Fries (to melt the "cheese" further)....

Vegan lentil-quinoa burger on a multigrain sandwich slim, spread with cheesy roasted pepper & horseradish mustard sauce, topped/bottomed with baby spinach & Roma tomato and sautéed red onion & a slice of Daiya cheddar....

Lentil-Quinoa Burger.JPG

Do you mind telling me, how do you make your quiche crust? (Or is it a ready premade crust sold at the store?) Do you bake it in the oven? :innocent:
P.S. I really want to make my own quiche (and qutabs, hehehe:leer:) with baked greens, veggies and e.g. beans, (as i used to put all of these inside the pathetic lavash which i could find, and pretend that it was a real armenian lavash). And the quiches which are sold at the local bakery are small and stale, and contain mushrooms, cheese and chicken).o_O So i learned how to make a raw strudel instead.:p
I shred about 4 white potatoes, them rinse the starch out them. I use a cast iron, but you could use whatever- pie plate, casserole- and oil it well, get it hot, then press the shreds all around and bake at 400F for 15 min. I'll lightly cover with foil to keep.While that baking I whiz the tofu, and veggies in food processor, then fill and bake about another 40 min. the first 30 min I cover with foil, then take off the last 10

I shred about 4 white potatoes, them rinse the starch out them. I use a cast iron, but you could use whatever- pie plate, casserole- and oil it well, get it hot, then press the shreds all around and bake at 400F for 15 min. I'll lightly cover with foil to keep.While that baking I whiz the tofu, and veggies in food processor, then fill and bake about another 40 min. the first 30 min I cover with foil, then take off the last 10
Cool!:up: Thank you!:hug: I'll try this method.:)

Split pea flake soup with veggies, bunch of dill, flaxseed flour, cayenne-tomato salsa and seasonings.
Sauerkraut, korean-style pressed soy fiber, and coconut chocolate.
And mom's brought a small pail of blackberries from the woods, so it will last me for the night:rolleyes::

Status
Not open for further replies.