Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few forkfuls of pasta salad and a toasted multigrain English muffin spread with Earth Balance & sprinkled with walnut-parm.... :lick:

Vegan shepherd's pie, from the freezer. I am amazed at how good this tastes despite having been frozen. I need to make that seitan loaf again for more crumbles.

A toasted multigrain English muffin... each half spread with Earth Balance, sprinkled with walnut-parm, & topped with a slice of red bell pepper.

A whole wheat sandwich with almond & coconut spread, vegan cheddar and smoked tofu.
A roast red pepper and endive salad with vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
A soya yogurt with mango & passion fruit purée.
A mug of cinnamon & apple infusion.

Reactions: Val
A whole meal sandwich with caramelised onions, slice Lincolnshire style sausage plus jalapeño hot sauce.
Raspberries & soya cream for dessert.

Did you rinse your noodles? I made a similar dish, but more broth, (started to be a soup) and the rice noodles thickened it as much as adding corn starch, turned into a sauce!
No rinsing. Just boiled 'em (instructions said when added to stir-fry to under-cook by a couple minutes), drained 'em, & added 'em to the veggies.

No broth/sauce either.... just a touch of low-sodium soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, cilantro, & a very healthy drizzle of toasted sesame oil.

These are the noodles I tried:

81t7DKX3nqL._SY355_.jpg

They're super long, so I snapped 'em in half....

I've got a lot of the lentil/brown rice stuff I made yesterday (for the peppers), so I put some in half a multigrain pita, half a slice of Chao on each side, lightly toasted in my tiny skillet.... Num! :)

StuffedPita.JPG

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I am having a chickpea salad melt (with Chao original vegan cheese) with pesto. I really like this combination of flavors.

The last of my nummy carrot/potato/roasted red pepper/etc. "cheese" sauce with mac, broccoli, and diced fresh Roma tomato.... :yes:

A taco... chipotle/cumin-roasted carrots, lentil/black bean/couscous filling, Daiya cheddar shreds, baby spinach, Roma tomato, & guacamole in a white corn/chia seed shell. :lick:

Curried lentil soup. I added some Tom Yum paste, then some yellow curry paste. It's nicely spicy. I added coconut milk after cooking, which looks a bit curdled. I never remember to wait till it cools off- right o_O?
I love those pastes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.