So glad I am (WFPB) Vegan!

Qettesh

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Raw vegan
Hi,

It's been a while, and my roller coaster of a life has taken some amazing turns at the behest of some events. I'm now training to be an Airline Transport Pilot. Something I've always wanted to do and the opportunity arose to do it! During my exam for my ATP certificate the doctor was talking about my amazing blood work and vitals. I said to him I eat a whole foods plant based diet and I am vegan because of ethical reasons and he totally got it. He then said he wished many of his regular pilot patients were whole food plant based or vegan because as they get around my age they get things like diabetes, congestive heart failure, different cancers. He understands that it's all related to their diet, because the food helps our bodies to put up these barriers of protection from those illnesses.

I've seen some YouTube videos people have posted who had cancer (most of them passed on) and watching some of them go through these treatments, most were painful and awful for them. I stopped myself in the comments section from suggesting trying a whole foods plant based diet, just for the health benefits, then realized it may or may not work. What if the damage was so great. Then I saw one video where the doctor caught the woman's lung cancer at stage 4 (they all were detected at stage 4 btw) and she says they were joking around in the office and the doctor looks at her and says "You gona have to give up the red meat." and she replied "I can't live without my steak." and I was thinking to myself "Oh but you will risk your life to eat it?"

SO glad to be here, so glad to be around other healthy happy people like myself! I haven't decided which airline I want to fly for (definitely not Spirit or United) so the sky is the limit as they say! I have about a year before I am at that point, I need roughly 300 hours of pilot in command time. Got a commercial gig part time and renting time on my own because my current job pays well enough and it's pretty cheap where I am to rent a multi engine turboprop. (Still counts as turbine).

Have a good one ladies and gents!

Welcome! Good luck with your ATP :)

I'm 100% convinced my WFPB vegan way of life is the best chance I have to stay healthy and actually enjoy my later years.

Just need to beat my addiction to Walkers crisps (potato chips for our friends across the pond in the US of A)

Welcome! Good luck with your ATP :)

I'm 100% convinced my WFPB vegan way of life is the best chance I have to stay healthy and actually enjoy my later years.

Just need to beat my addiction to Walkers crisps (potato chips for our friends across the pond in the US of A)
I STILLL struggle with my sugar addiction *grumbles*

ATP. Part of the Krebs cycle. For a second, since you mention it in the same sentence you were talking to your doctor I thought maybe it was a blood test. Like PSA or TSH.

I like Advanced Test Pilot.
Ahh, test pilot, the true end game!

ATP. Part of the Krebs cycle. For a second, since you mention it in the same sentence you were talking to your doctor I thought maybe it was a blood test. Like PSA or TSH.

I like Advanced Test Pilot.
Ha ha ... my immediate thought was adenosine triphosphate. Probably because I've been writing quite a bit about creatine lately :laughing:

Edit: ok ... just googled the Krebs cycle ... seems we're on the same page!

Reactions: Lou