What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start, a fruit chia shake: soaked chia seeds, banana, strawberries, dates and a bit of kale

Afterward, boiled potatoes, tofu and carrot, salted and with homemade Italian sauce.

This turned into dinner, as I kept snacking on more potatoes to the point where I wasn't hungry for dinner.

To start, a fruit chia shake: soaked chia seeds, banana, strawberries, dates and a bit of kale

Afterward, boiled potatoes, tofu and carrot, salted and with homemade Italian sauce.

This turned into dinner, as I kept snacking on more potatoes to the point where I wasn't hungry for dinner.
Tha'ts a more accurate description of my every day eating life - I really have no set "lunch" or "dinner" as people know it

Wraps -

Homemade whole wheat wraps stuffed with:

-tater tots
-Cos lettuce
-sliced onion
-steamed lentils from frozen (pre-soaked)
-Homemade vegan garlic aioli (Water, Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
-Unsweetened tomato sauce

One pot lunch of frozen brussel sprouts in boiling water, added udon noodles for 4 minutes and then combined with a half can of strained, rinsed brown lentils. Topped with tamari, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, lemon juice and a couple of teaspoons of tahini.

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot
I had sandwiches:

Whole wheat bread slices with tofu scramble in between, some leek, and a bit of black salt for the eggy taste.

Reactions: amberfunk
I just had the most amazing burrito from a local place. I think it's the way they grill their tofu. It had the tofu, pinto beans, Mexican rice, salsa verde, lettuce and guacamole. I also had a side of roja sauce...gaaaa!

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Brunch was enough for a long while, so I really didn't have lunch, just early supper:

A smoothie made from dates, raw sugar, strawberries and a bit of citric acid (in place of lemons, which are expensive this time of year) and

Some more simple wraps - the sprouted barley bread/whole wheat wraps from this morning stuffed with Cos lettuce, whole sunflower seeds, onion and garlic and salt. I also snacked on a bunch of whole sunflower seeds as well.

Whole sunflower seeds (including shells): Boiled with salt then dried under lower heat. Doing this makes the shells edible and they (almost) melt in your mouth. No prickly poos either :p

A bean and rice burrito with peppers and onions, some really yummy grilled tofu, and a mango.

More caffeine please. I now I wake up at 4:30 or 5 am with no regard as to when I went to sleep, this is problematic when I can't go back to sleep.

Salad: Cos lettuce, leek, broccoli, tofu, crumbled whole wheat bread, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.

Followed by a hot drink made from dates, oats(as flour) and peanut butter.

Brown rice, green peas, caramelized onion, onion powder, garlic, garlic powder, soy sauce, white pepper.

Afternoon snack: In a warm shake - dates, banana and cacao powder.

I didn't have breakfast this morning save for some coffee with raw sugar and malted barley. I wasn't hungry, and I labored most of the morning too, chopping wood and also changing the spark plugs on my car (which is a pain for my car, as they aren't easy to get to). Probably the beer last night plus I had some sweet potato flax/cinnamon fries right before bed and a peice of wholemeal bread with lowered sodium vegemite.

Lunch was a veggie patty sub from Subway. These are Vegan in Aus (the patty), but not in the USA so I've learned.

Afternoon snack was some sprouted barley/whole wheat bread I made earlier, and some cherries.

Big brunch:

A huge plate of tater tots, some cooked tempeh, broccoli and whole wheat bread with lowered sodium Vegemite. Dipping sauce was American mustard and a homemade ketchup (blended heated dates, tomato paste and water).

For my lunch I brought a salad with mixed greens, broccoli, tossed in a little lemon juice, with homemade sourkraut on top (red cabbage, beets, a little bit of carrot) and some plain chunks of extra firm tofu. A nice piece of soft bread to go with it, that has fennel seeds.

Nekodaiden's magnificent lack of self denial brunch:

Whole wheat bread with pinto bean spread (presoaked and cooked pinto beans, onion, garlic, salt, cumin) and on top of this some broccoli sprouts and broccoli, and a little hot salsa.

Hmm. Tater tots sounds good too. I'll cook some up. 10 minutes later: Oh, previous eats already starting to settle. She'll be right, mate...go ahead...

And tater tots, with more pinto bean spread and more broccoli and a carrot.

10 minutes later...

*Grunt*. Show me food and I'll look away..

Status
Not open for further replies.