What did you have for lunch?

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Extra firm tofu on whole wheat bread with Vegenaise and brown mustard, half an apple, half a banana, and a few raw sugar snap peas. Tea.

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Sunflower/mustard fries with ketchup

Potato strips cooked in a blended sauce of water, sunflower seeds, mustard seeds, salt
Ketchup: Water, tomato sauce(unsweetened), dates, ginger - blended well.

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Vegan pizza with spinach, tomato, olives, onion, mushrooms, pineapple and jalapenos, courtesy of my friend and co-worker. Also green tossed salad with bell pepper, snap peas, olives and Italian dressing. A cookie.

It was employee appreciation day. They had heard we were all about to quit.

veganfood

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian

The way to cook the Pasta with eggplant

Cook the pasta in a bowl of boiling water and slightly salted, leave it until it is cooked, and then drain it.
Heat the oven at 180 ° C.
Sprinkle the eggplant with a little oil, and then spread the eggplant in a tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the peel, put the eggplant in a bowl, and set aside.
On medium heat, heat the oil, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, water, salt and black pepper, and leave to boil.
Add the eggplant and basil, sprinkle it with the tomato, and leave the mixture boiling for 10 minutes.
Add the pasta and my heart for 3 minutes, then place in the serving dishes.

https://www.veganfood.life/2019/03/pasta-with-eggplant.html

Reactions: Forest Nymph

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I through great effort made Gimme Lean edible. I should have spent two more bucks on Beyond Meat.

I made vegan tacos. I added a little coconut oil to the pan, sauteed zucchini and red onion, then added Gimme Lean with taco spices and a little warm water. After cooking thoroughly I also stirred in the juice of a lime, a bit of avocado and fresh cilantro.

I decided it was easier to make taco salad so crumbled the oven warmed taco shells, layered with the filling mixture, then used plain vegan yogurt as "sour cream" adding romaine lettuce and Tapatio.

It's pretty good. But honestly it took like ten ingredients to cover up the after taste of Gimme Lean. The taco spices alone were not enough.

My heart belongs to Beyond Meat. And local tofu.