What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunflower/mustard fries with ketchup

Potato strips cooked in a blended sauce of water, sunflower seeds, mustard seeds, salt
Ketchup: Water, tomato sauce(unsweetened), dates, ginger - blended well.

Vegan pizza with spinach, tomato, olives, onion, mushrooms, pineapple and jalapenos, courtesy of my friend and co-worker. Also green tossed salad with bell pepper, snap peas, olives and Italian dressing. A cookie.

It was employee appreciation day. They had heard we were all about to quit.

ma3karouna.png

The way to cook the Pasta with eggplant

Cook the pasta in a bowl of boiling water and slightly salted, leave it until it is cooked, and then drain it.
Heat the oven at 180 ° C.
Sprinkle the eggplant with a little oil, and then spread the eggplant in a tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the peel, put the eggplant in a bowl, and set aside.
On medium heat, heat the oil, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, water, salt and black pepper, and leave to boil.
Add the eggplant and basil, sprinkle it with the tomato, and leave the mixture boiling for 10 minutes.
Add the pasta and my heart for 3 minutes, then place in the serving dishes.

https://www.veganfood.life/2019/03/pasta-with-eggplant.html

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I through great effort made Gimme Lean edible. I should have spent two more bucks on Beyond Meat.

I made vegan tacos. I added a little coconut oil to the pan, sauteed zucchini and red onion, then added Gimme Lean with taco spices and a little warm water. After cooking thoroughly I also stirred in the juice of a lime, a bit of avocado and fresh cilantro.

I decided it was easier to make taco salad so crumbled the oven warmed taco shells, layered with the filling mixture, then used plain vegan yogurt as "sour cream" adding romaine lettuce and Tapatio.

It's pretty good. But honestly it took like ten ingredients to cover up the after taste of Gimme Lean. The taco spices alone were not enough.

My heart belongs to Beyond Meat. And local tofu.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Years ago I got this set of little glass bowls. 1/3 cup. I think I bought them originally for nuts. Eventually, I found them to be really good to microwave small portions.
Like today I had a little bowl of homemade mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy, another little bowl of homemade baked beans, and a little bowl of leftover string beans. Put all three bowls in the microwave and the food stays separate.

I had brown rice with sauce and fruit salad.

Can I ask what you mean by sauce? Eating nothing but rice with condiments and fruit will leave you malnourished. I wonder why you aren't eating beans, tofu, nuts or tempeh, seitan, or peas with your rice. By sauce do you mean a peanut sauce that has more protein and calories? I've seen you post this twice now, and I'm concerned.

Reactions: Hog and Emma JC
I mixed drained white beans with the Vegenaise garlic aoli flavor, salt n pepper, and some fresh dill I grew myself. Then I put it on some toasted bread, and had a side of cranberry sauce (weird, I know, there was a can in my cabinet).

Reactions: Emma JC
Today we have only had a smoothie so far but yesterday for brunch we had 1 each of Field roast vegan sausage (heated in a fry pan with no oil), 2 each of Ikea's potato pancakes (baked in the oven), a can of breakfast beans heated on the stove with a chopped onion and chopped jalapeno served on plain toast. Ah yes, and while I was at Ikean I picked up some lingonberry sauce/jam and had some of that with the sausages and some mustard.

So good!

Emma JC

Pudding for lunch:

Banana slices w/peel (frozen), soaked chia seeds, dates, peanut butter and cocoa powder all blended up into a wonderful sweet chocolate yumminess.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Can I ask what you mean by sauce? Eating nothing but rice with condiments and fruit will leave you malnourished. I wonder why you aren't eating beans, tofu, nuts or tempeh, seitan, or peas with your rice. By sauce do you mean a peanut sauce that has more protein and calories? I've seen you post this twice now, and I'm concerned.

Maybe you should give him a break. An Aussie ate almost nothing but potatoes (white and sweet) for a year with few herbs and condiments and managed to be fine. Two posts doesn't a diet make and he's posted also that he eats oatmeal. He's also new and may not have even heard of seitan, tempeh, etc.

@wonderfularizona - the person who is giving you advice also called my diet "orthorexic" after she had "analyzed it" and predicted I'd be the next youtube failed vegan story - and I eat a fairly broad vegan diet that includes whole grains, tubers, various seeds, vegetables, fruit and legumes. If you ever have or ever will go head to head with her, she'll play manipulative games and use her influence to try to get you banned as she has done with me.

Last edited:
Maybe you should give him a break. An Aussie ate almost nothing but potatoes (white and sweet) for a year with few herbs and condiments and managed to be fine. Two posts doesn't a diet make and he's posted also that he eats oatmeal. He's also new and may not have even heard of seitan, tempeh, etc.

@wonderfularizona - the person who is giving you advice also called my diet "orthorexic" after she had "analyzed it" and predicted I'd be the next youtube failed vegan story - and I eat a fairly broad vegan diet that includes whole grains, tubers, various seeds, vegetables, fruit and legumes. If you ever have or ever will go head to head with her, she'll play manipulative games and use her influence to try to get you banned as she has done with me.

Any doctor will tell you that you can't live off of rice. The fact that you would enable or encourage malnutrition in a new vegan says more about you than it does me. Monsanto can't even sell its genetically modified golden rice to starving people in developing countries because it has to be eaten with some fats and protein to be as nutritious as they claim. Eating rice and fruit occasionally is fine, but eating it repeatedly AND feeding it to your family is not a way to be a healthy long term vegan. This is exactly why some people start eating animal products again, they feel weak, hungry or just vaguely unsatisfied by their meals after a while.

Woot it's the 4th of July! Had Amy's California veggie burgers on sourdough with all the fixins (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, some Earth Balance on the toasted bread!)

Also warming up a little gluten free vegan mini apple pie, that I'll eat with cashew milk vanilla ice cream!

What's pretty cool is that two local businesses were totally sold out of Beyond Burgers. Even if I couldn't buy one (Amy's was my favorite before BB and I still enjoy the oat, walnut and mushroom based California patties) THIS MEANS soooo many people in my town are enjoying a meat free holiday that the stores can't keep Beyond Burgers in stock.

Reactions: Emma JC
@ Forest Nymph

"Can I ask what you mean by sauce? Eating nothing but rice with condiments and fruit will leave you malnourished. I wonder why you aren't eating beans, tofu, nuts or tempeh, seitan, or peas with your rice. By sauce do you mean a peanut sauce that has more protein and calories? I've seen you post this twice now, and I'm concerned."

Thank you very much for your concern about my health! I greatly appreciate it. :)

I ate the spaghetti sauce with the rice.

I snack on lots of unsalted peanuts. I also like to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. Eating peanut butter might sound strange. But, I can't resist that stuff. I have refried beans about 2 times per week.

The biggest problem with my diet is that I do not eat any leafy green vegetables. I can not stand broccoli, spinach, or anything similar.

@ Forest Nymph

"Can I ask what you mean by sauce? Eating nothing but rice with condiments and fruit will leave you malnourished. I wonder why you aren't eating beans, tofu, nuts or tempeh, seitan, or peas with your rice. By sauce do you mean a peanut sauce that has more protein and calories? I've seen you post this twice now, and I'm concerned."

Thank you very much for your concern about my health! I greatly appreciate it. :)

I ate the spaghetti sauce with the rice.

I snack on lots of unsalted peanuts. I also like to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. Eating peanut butter might sound strange. But, I can't resist that stuff. I have refried beans about 2 times per week.

The biggest problem with my diet is that I do not eat any leafy green vegetables. I can not stand broccoli, spinach, or anything similar.

That's great that you eat nuts and beans. Some people blend green leafy vegetables into sauces or smoothies if they don't like the taste. Good luck!

Reactions: Emma JC and Hog

I do eat a fair amount of greens, especially broccoli and brussel sprouts, and yet I am not convinced that is enough and so to my morning smoothies I add Schinoussa Sea Vegetables greens powder. I buy frozen brussel sprouts and add them to one pot noodles pots and also frozen kale and throw that into smoothies too, or soups and noodle pots and even into my spaghetti sauce. I also try to buy bok choy, baby and regular, as it is one of the best sources of "greens" without the downside of the oxalates that spinach has. Bok choy also is less "greens tasting" and more refreshing than spinach etc although, to some, it may taste a bit bitter. I do love a strong flavour in my mouth so I like it a lot especially when cooked, not raw so much.

Emma JC

Grillable Veggie Burgers | Vegan, Gluten-Free

I've watched hundreds of tutorials
online but nothing beats this simple
clear to the cut video here.... https://al.ly/g8wtb3

Status
Not open for further replies.