What did you have for lunch?

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
To start, a fruit chia shake: soaked chia seeds, banana, strawberries, dates and a bit of kale

Afterward, boiled potatoes, tofu and carrot, salted and with homemade Italian sauce.

This turned into dinner, as I kept snacking on more potatoes to the point where I wasn't hungry for dinner.

TofuRobot

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
To start, a fruit chia shake: soaked chia seeds, banana, strawberries, dates and a bit of kale

Afterward, boiled potatoes, tofu and carrot, salted and with homemade Italian sauce.

This turned into dinner, as I kept snacking on more potatoes to the point where I wasn't hungry for dinner.
Tha'ts a more accurate description of my every day eating life - I really have no set "lunch" or "dinner" as people know it

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Wraps -

Homemade whole wheat wraps stuffed with:

-tater tots
-Cos lettuce
-sliced onion
-steamed lentils from frozen (pre-soaked)
-Homemade vegan garlic aioli (Water, Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
-Unsweetened tomato sauce

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
One pot lunch of frozen brussel sprouts in boiling water, added udon noodles for 4 minutes and then combined with a half can of strained, rinsed brown lentils. Topped with tamari, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, lemon juice and a couple of teaspoons of tahini.

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: TofuRobot

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had sandwiches:

Whole wheat bread slices with tofu scramble in between, some leek, and a bit of black salt for the eggy taste.

• 👍
Reactions: amberfunk

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I just had the most amazing burrito from a local place. I think it's the way they grill their tofu. It had the tofu, pinto beans, Mexican rice, salsa verde, lettuce and guacamole. I also had a side of roja sauce...gaaaa!

• 👍
Reactions: Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Brunch was enough for a long while, so I really didn't have lunch, just early supper:

A smoothie made from dates, raw sugar, strawberries and a bit of citric acid (in place of lemons, which are expensive this time of year) and

Some more simple wraps - the sprouted barley bread/whole wheat wraps from this morning stuffed with Cos lettuce, whole sunflower seeds, onion and garlic and salt. I also snacked on a bunch of whole sunflower seeds as well.

Whole sunflower seeds (including shells): Boiled with salt then dried under lower heat. Doing this makes the shells edible and they (almost) melt in your mouth. No prickly poos either :p

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A bean and rice burrito with peppers and onions, some really yummy grilled tofu, and a mango.

More caffeine please. I now I wake up at 4:30 or 5 am with no regard as to when I went to sleep, this is problematic when I can't go back to sleep.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Salad: Cos lettuce, leek, broccoli, tofu, crumbled whole wheat bread, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.

Followed by a hot drink made from dates, oats(as flour) and peanut butter.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Brown rice, green peas, caramelized onion, onion powder, garlic, garlic powder, soy sauce, white pepper.

Afternoon snack: In a warm shake - dates, banana and cacao powder.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I didn't have breakfast this morning save for some coffee with raw sugar and malted barley. I wasn't hungry, and I labored most of the morning too, chopping wood and also changing the spark plugs on my car (which is a pain for my car, as they aren't easy to get to). Probably the beer last night plus I had some sweet potato flax/cinnamon fries right before bed and a peice of wholemeal bread with lowered sodium vegemite.

Lunch was a veggie patty sub from Subway. These are Vegan in Aus (the patty), but not in the USA so I've learned.

Afternoon snack was some sprouted barley/whole wheat bread I made earlier, and some cherries.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Big brunch:

A huge plate of tater tots, some cooked tempeh, broccoli and whole wheat bread with lowered sodium Vegemite. Dipping sauce was American mustard and a homemade ketchup (blended heated dates, tomato paste and water).

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
For my lunch I brought a salad with mixed greens, broccoli, tossed in a little lemon juice, with homemade sourkraut on top (red cabbage, beets, a little bit of carrot) and some plain chunks of extra firm tofu. A nice piece of soft bread to go with it, that has fennel seeds.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Nekodaiden's magnificent lack of self denial brunch:

Whole wheat bread with pinto bean spread (presoaked and cooked pinto beans, onion, garlic, salt, cumin) and on top of this some broccoli sprouts and broccoli, and a little hot salsa.

Hmm. Tater tots sounds good too. I'll cook some up. 10 minutes later: Oh, previous eats already starting to settle. She'll be right, mate...go ahead...

And tater tots, with more pinto bean spread and more broccoli and a carrot.

10 minutes later...

*Grunt*. Show me food and I'll look away..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shyvas Did You Know ? Lounge 57
betiPT What did you Cook or Bake Today? Food & Drink 141
Peaceful I did it for my health General 5
Sax How did you transition? General 31
conVEctionery Product Did someone say vegan kit kats?! Marketplace 0
shyvas What did you cook or Bake today? Food & Drink 485
B Pig Portraits I did for a sanctuary Marketplace 0
A Went vegan and husband did not Relationships 6
ski Cbd oil uk anyone use it and if so did you see improvements that cbd oil claims to do ? Products 1
Hedgewitch Did you know how polymer money is made? General 2
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2018) Food & Drink 289
Damo What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today? Food & Drink 1109
T Question How did Leslie Cross die? Ask Us a Question! 13
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2016) Food & Drink 63
U News Did you receive support from your family when becoming vegan? General 10
U Did you family and friends support you being a Vegan? General 14
bratvada Did you order a takeaway? Food & Drink 4
T Space Sciences Did anyone see the Leonid meteors last night? Science & Technology 3
Damo How did you find us? Lounge 8
Clueless Git Did ya miss me, Yeah! When I was away ... ? Lounge 13
Blaine How long did it take to transition? Transitioning 7
beancounter Life Sciences Brontosaurus - scientists rule dinosaur did exist Science & Technology 5
Blobbenstein Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not. General Discussion 6
Alexia Why did you choose to become a vegan or vegetarian? General 19
Indian Summer News Did Hillary Clinton break the rules by using personal email account? General Discussion 7
beancounter Article: I Liked Everything I Saw on Facebook for Two Days. Here’s What It Did to Me Lounge 11
Blobbenstein How did avocados evolve? General Discussion 1
SummerRain What age did you go vegetarian? Lounge 46
spottygiraffe Did going vegan make you a better cook? General 42
Amy SF Did you have an imaginary friend... Lounge 32
das_nut US Did PostSecret post a murder confession? General Discussion 1
Blobbenstein Why did some branches of the human race become lactose tolerant? General Discussion 11
Indian Summer Did the Nazis have a secret base in Antarctica? General Discussion 7
Indian Summer How did you find Veggie Views? Introduce Yourself 47
D Thanks, London... you did a great job! (Olympics) UK & Eire 0
U Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona General Discussion 31
Mel Literature What did you read as a child/teen? Media & Entertainment 42
sallyomally How did your fur baby (babies) come to be named? Animals 21
beancounter Spell check. Where did it go? Suggestions & Bugs 1
Veggiemama Were you raised vegetarian? Did your parents give you a choice? The Vegetarian Forum 52
D Space Sciences Did anyone see the Venus transit? Science & Technology 8
shyvas What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? The Vegetarian Forum 0
B Habitual breakfast and lunch ideas Transitioning 2
I Is this lunch is allright? Health & Body 1
robert99 Pamela Anderson brings Julian Assange a vegan lunch General 1
Mischief Children jailed for refusing to lunch with father General Discussion 15
spottygiraffe Lunch disaster General 14
C Today's Lunch The Vegetarian Forum 1
Misfit It was love at first salad! The dating site for single people hooked on lettuce for lunch The Vegetarian Forum 16
shyvas What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? 2018 The Vegetarian Forum 161