What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shake: Rolled oats flour, dates, peanut butter, tahini, and soaked pepitas.

Tofu scramble, burnt toast and a beyond sausage with some orange juice.

Made some veggie burgers out of Portobello mushroom, carmelized red onions, garlic, brown rice and chopped jalapeno Topped it with a slice of vegan cheddar and some fresh pico de gallo. Took some playing with the recipe, but I think I've finally got it - I could cook it on the BBQ without the thing falling apart on me and the results were delicious! Spinach salad with roasted peppers, fresh tomato, red onions and chickpeas on the side-sweet lime chili vinaigrette on top. This is fast becoming my favourite post work out meal-lots of protein, especially for tissue growth and repair! If anyone would like the recipes for any of this, message me and I'll share it with you!

Reactions: Nekodaiden
It was really kinda brunch... started with a banana/blueberry smoothie, then tofu scramble with spinach/kale/onion/red pepper, jalepeno, tomato breakfast beans, sprouted toast with peanut butter.

Starting to get hungry again, pasta night.

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
I went out for the most amazing pizza for lunch, ever! They use a wood-fired oven they imported all the way from Italy. I went early, as the place is always jam-packed with people.

I probably should've ordered it without the vegan cheese, as it is healthier, but I went for the works. I showed weakness and couldn't resist...and it was amazing! No regrets. Pizza is my only weakness. In fact if there was no vegan version of pizza, I don't know if I could've done it. *laughs*

Potato sandwiches on "wholewheat" with tomato and lettuce, plus a dipping sauce.

Dipping sauce: My homemade mustard (water, soaked mustard seed, onion, garlic, flax, salt, a c vinegar), ketchup, pepitas, sumac spice, salt.

Spelt pasta with tofu, caramelized onion and garlic, nutritional yeast, tomato, salt.

I also tried @Forest Nymph trick of adding lime juice (or does she use peel as well?). It was interesting. I'm not sure what this is supposed to do, but it was not bad. Extra vitamin C, in any case.

Cooking a one pot lunch - about 3/4 cup red lentils, boiled for 15 minutes, then added some lo mein noodles, frozen cauliflower and a handful of spinach. Will then add one of my frozen pesto cubes after it's drained.

Mouth watering... almost ready.

Emma JC

Something called a Dragon Bowl at the local veggie restaurant - it has soba noodles, grilled vegetables, raw spinach, some sort of AMAZING dressing, fresh cilantro, and seeds. Also, their house made hummus with pita and a side of olive tapanade.

Reactions: Emma JC
Brown rice bowl (the really healthy nutty brown rice with the hull) with wilted greens, pickled onion, fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato, herb dressing and gomasio (Japanese sesame seeds they're insanely popular in this town).

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I wasn't all that hungry for lunch:

Barley sprouts (as a wet flour) heated in water, then added tahini/whole date syrup.

Italian wedding soup. Made it with elbow noodles, baby kale, carrots, red lentils, onion, shallot, garlic and vegan meat balls from aldi's.

Reactions: Yamaelel
I am just getting ready to have some coconut-based yogurt (strawberry flavor) with fresh cherries in it.

fresh cherries

Now you're talking! My god I love cherries. I've been eating rainier cherries for the last month almost every day. Fresh organic Okanagan Valley peaches are now available, locally. I bought some yesterday. They are delicious, and incredibly juicy. Not easy to eat without making a mess.

I haven't had lunch yet but I'm probably going to have some potatoes with a mixed salad and a onion/garlic/sunflower seed dressing.

A variant of Lou Corona's lemon ginger zinger (minus what I didn't have on hand), and as a smoothie (not juiced) so:

Blended Apple slices, lemon slices(including peel), cucumber, ginger, and a dash of my tahini/date milk to sweeten a little more. It was delicious.

I'll likely have some wholemeal toast a little later on when I get hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.