What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am splurging for lunch today. There's a great raw vegan restaurant close to my work I'm going to for lunch. They have the best Buddha bowls and wraps. Yum!

What did you do for lunch today?

I found a recipe on youtube awhile back for a vegan pizza with a tofu mozzarella. I decided to finally try it today after getting the yeast needed. It was so good. Crust was very thick so I'll have to half the dough next time. I also made a ranch from stratch since that's what I usually dipped my crust in. It's pretty good considering I didn't have any dill to put in it.

made me a pizza on as well. Topped it with red peppers, onions, and roasted garlic =)

Noodles with soaked and cooked lentils, cabbage, avocado, picante sauce, salt, and a tiny bit of sesame seed oil.

I had a day in the garden so breakfast and lunch was grazing on fresh tomato, capsicum, lettuce, spinach, and a large pawpaw rubbed with a chilli. All harvested when I felt like something to eat.

Well, since the thread asks "what did I have" for lunch, I will post yesterdays. I splurged for some Thai noodle take-out. However, today I am having some much anticipated curry lentil leftovers over black rice. I had this for dinner last night. It was so good! I should've had that for breakfast ;)

Brunch (no breakfast today) was
A couple of potatoes cooked in an onion,garlic,soy sauce with smoked paprika and cayenne pepper
Half cup of just sprouted brown rice (cooked)
Half an avocado
Some bell pepper
A tomato
Some cabbage
A bit of homemade picante sauce

Reactions: amberfunk
Leftover gumbo from last night with rice.

I made some barley flat bread this morning from 100% sprouting barley, water and some pulverized flax seeds. There's a certain satisfaction that comes from making this especially when most of the breads (flat or risen) in the market are like 50% wholegrain, if that.

So, the barley wraps (flax gave em flexibility) with a filling of potatoes cooked in onion/garlic/soy, avocado, carrot, cabbage, and tomato.

Made a beefless stew with what I had around the house. It's an ice storm outside so stayed home and made this comfort food. Includes red lentils. red quinoa, onion, tomato sauce, cooking sherry, red wine vinegar, potatoes, carrots, peas, shiitake mushrooms, beef flavored bouillion and some leftover seitan. It's so good. Made a huge pot. Will last all day.

A well blended shake:

Oats, flax seeds, frozen banana with peel, peanut butter, raw sugar (out of dates), cocoa powder, water and what was left over from making barley bread (barley, water, flax seeds) + a small piece of barley flat bread with peanut butter.

Pretty much same as yesterday with minor changes: oats, pepitas, frozen banana with peel, dates and water.

I can't say it was enough without the peanut butter and flax as it was last time, as I was snacking on olives, pickles and cabbage and carrots just a few hours later. Next time I'll up the amount of oats.

A potato with Heinz five beans! Coconut butter is a godsend... Goes so well with potato's :yum

Well, I had a huge salad with loads of fresh veggies and my famous Tahini dressing. I prepped enough yesterday for lunch today. I love salad, but hate prepping all the veggies. I'm a bit anal about washing stuff, so it's time consuming.

I think today I will also make some fresh guacamole too. Hmm, maybe a guacamole hummus? I’ve made this before and it’s amazingly delicious. I love both…oh the decisions ;)

Noodles, corn, germinated black bean, lettuce, a little olive oil, soy sauce and sesame oil.

I'm going to buy an avocado roll today for my lunch. I will be close by my favorite sushi bar downtown, which makes it somewhat irresistible.

Bunch of broccoli including stems steamed with fresh lemon juice drizzled on it. Buttered spiral noodles and buttered french bread.

Brown rice salad: Sprouted brown rice (cooked), celery, tomato,cucumber, roasted peanuts and a little soy sauce and olive oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.