What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brunch was was salad: Cos lettuce, another lettuce from my garden I forgot the name of and didn't label, mustard greens, dandelion leaves, cherry tomatoes, peanuts, regular tomato, homemade bread crumbles, sauteed mushroom/onion/garlic, tofu, salt and dandelion flower/sprouted barley infused peach vinegar + a sprinkling of sage.

Reactions: PTree15
I had a sandwich with Dave's Killer Bread, Chao cheese, Just Mayo, Sugar Bombs and baby lettuces. And kombucha mixed with sparkling water.
"Sugar Bombs"? I'm thinking sweet carmeley things coated in chocolate, but I bet they're more like roasted beets 🤣

Reactions: Qwaychou
Trader Joes cruciferous crunch with beets, dried cranberries, olives, edamame, celery and Aldi citrus basil dressing
and an heirloom orange from TJ's.

"Sugar Bombs"? I'm thinking sweet carmeley things coated in chocolate, but I bet they're more like roasted beets 🤣

They are an exorbitantly priced variety of grape tomatoes, available here at Publix ($4.99 a box). I slice them in thirds lengthwise and use 4 for each sandwich! They are so flavorful, and the only way I've found to get a true summer tomato taste this time of year. I despise most hot house tomatoes.

Reactions: MoreGreens
On Friday, when I can come on here, I don't get something to eat at "lunchtime". So around ten o'clock I had a whole grain sandwich with hummus and pickle slices. Right now, after four o'clock afternoon here, I have whole grain spaghetti noodles with black beans, salsa, cashews, cut up squash, ginger root, cabbage, seaweed, nutritional yeast, garlic, tumeric, and organic seasoning sprinkles.

Tofu scramble with peppers and kale tossed with some salsa and corn tortilla chips to make Chilaquiles! Excellent experience aside from the tragic addition of okra in the scramble. Never again. I bought an air fryer today after years of scoffing about their overall value. My okra is going to stay crispy and 'fried'.

They are an exorbitantly priced variety of grape tomatoes, available here at Publix ($4.99 a box). I slice them in thirds lengthwise and use 4 for each sandwich! They are so flavorful, and the only way I've found to get a true summer tomato taste this time of year. I despise most hot house tomatoes.
Glad to see someone review the SUNSET brand. I've seen them around, but I'm also shy of gambling $ on greenhouse grown produce, especially tomatoes. $4.99? 👀 Publix sticker shocked me right out the door a long time ago! I hope the $4.99 is at least a quart rather than the more popular pint.

BBQ jackfruit on a ww granary bun with guac and slaw.
Alpro (plain) yogurt with a few drops of strawberry flavouring and stevia.
Apple & cinnamon infusion.

Reactions: PTree15
I had a Spinach pie (fayater?) which I improved with addition of Better Than Sour Cream and a kombucha/sparkling water mix.

A bowl of mole style black bean & sweet potato chilli made in the slow cooker, with a slice of granary baguette/spread.
Elderflower flavoured Alpro yogurt.
Apple & cinnamon infusion.

Brunch was a few slices of homemade wheat bread with yeast spread, plus scramble of tofu, onion, salt, pepper, Italian herbs, a sprinkling of sage and my dandelion/sprouted barley peach vinegar.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a Spinach pie (fayater?) which I improved with addition of Better Than Sour Cream and a kombucha/sparkling water mix.
I LOVE spinach fatayer! One of my friends gave me a recipe for them, and they are delicious. I might have to make them soon.
For lunch today, I am going to make a wrap with Aldi chik'n tenders, lettuce, onions, carrots, pickles and olives with a drizzle of Italian dressing.

Reactions: Emma JC and Poppy
< Oops! misspelled fattier.

(Ok ^^^ that's autocorrect, but I thought it was funny so I left it. )

<Oops! Misspelled fatayer

Today I had an Amy's Roasted Vegetable Tamale meal with a side of roasted peppers and eggplant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.