What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast/early lunch was:

Homemade hash browns, with mixed in pepitas, chia seeds, unsweetened tomato
sauce, Cos lettuce/mustard greens/dandelion leaves from my garden, sauteed onion,
and spiced with salt, sage, rosemary and black pepper.

I also had some wholegrain bread with yeast spread and a carrot.

Lunch: Pasta Salad: Pasta with tofu, sauteed onion, shredded carrot, the same
greens from my garden as breakfast, ground flax, chia, peach
vinegar, salt, black pepper, sage.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
holy abandoned threads...this one needs a lifeboat!

Lunch today was salad sandwiches: Whole wheat filled with lettuce and tomato slices from my garden, mustard greens, olives, pickles, purple onion, shredded carrot and salt. Also a few potatoes.

Leftover soup, again!

Half a block of cubed, plain, local extra-firm tofu (I literally can't live anywhere else because I couldn't eat plain uncooked tofu and have it be delicious), and a mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Half of an apple.

It feels like I haven't had tofu in years! I am going to stock up on that when I find it, I'm putting blocks in my freezer.

I definitely do not usually try out new things. But the delivery had a little upsie with the frozen vegetables, and they brought me this bulgur-zucchini-spinach-chickpea thing. It's vegan so I'm going to try that out today.

They also brought me a small carton of cows milk... I don't know how you can make that kind of mistake, but okay... I had to throw that away. I know, that's so wasteful, but I AM NOT going to drink cows milk. That would be disgusting.

I'm going to try a tiny spoonful of that bulgur today. Otherwise I'm likely to eat some spaghetti, TVP and boiled carrots.
If the bulgur doesn't kill me, I'm going to eat that as a main dish tommorrow for lunch.

Edit: I'm unable to eat the bulgur... It smelled horrible. But I'm enjoying my carrots and spaghetti is on its way.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
Big salad
200 calories, 8 grams of protein

midafternoon snack
soy milk, Fiber One protein caramel nut chewy bar
200 calories, 13 grams protein

Last edited:
I tried the Lightlife burger which is new to my Publix. I had it on a wheat bun from the Walmart bakery. It is similar to the Beyond Burger and similarly priced. It also comes in a 2 pack. It was ok but I like the Beyond Burger a lot better. I also had potato wedges cooked in the air fryer and frozen corn. An actual meal!

Yesterday I had the last of my savory lentil pasties and some homemade sorbet which was just frozen bananas and frozen strawberries blended in the food processor with a little water. I also chopped up a square of dark chocolate to sprinkle on top.

Not sure what I will have today. It's my one designated day a week to be in the office. Last week it was startling to see how most of the restaurants that were still open for delivery and takeout the prior week had since shut down. We'll see what still remains open...

Status
Not open for further replies.