What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of town for the past few days. It is good to be back in my kitchen. I've missed my usual food. Tonight I'm making a simple rice and bean dish for dinner. I'm using black rice and black beans, with some corn niblets for colour.

Reactions: hopeful
Last night, I had homemade curry, made with potatoes, tofu, and 1 carrot. I ate it over a rice and quinoa blend.

It's grilling time :D

I grilled some smoked seitan I made the other day with some BBQ sauce. I made veggie skewers, also for the grill, and oven fries to go with it. The veggie skewers were amazing. They look so awesome and taste just as good. The seitan was a bit chewy, but tasty, nonetheless.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Potatoes, brown rice and barley mixed with Vegemite and pizza sauce spiked with citric acid. Better than I thought it would be.

When it cools down I'll fry some potatoes with onions, and have left over split peas with rosemary. Meanwhile I'll listen to Eidelweiss and dream of snowy Eastern European Alps.

It's warm here too.

I made a quinoa salad with a few fresh veggies from my garden. It's a nice cool meal for a warm evening.

I had boring old leftover quinoa salad, with some baked yam, and a beer that my neighbour gave me. lol. It had been a long time since I had an alcoholic beverage of any kind. It was refreshing and enjoyable. It tasted like more :D

Spelt pasta with broccoli, sweet corn, green peas, purple cabbage

Sauce: pizza sauce with nutritional yeast and salt.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Making portabella burgers tonight for my 3 guests. I will smoke them in my electric smoker first, before grilling them. I'm serving them on fresh baked buns with a traditional coleslaw, and grilled yam rounds. I also have a fresh salad with greens from my garden.

To start I made two kinds of hummus dip. One with roasted red peppers, and the other with toasted kalamata olives. So the hummus, with a small veggie platter, breads, olives, pickles, and a heap of homemade kale chips to get everyone started

I rarely drink, but since I have guests, I bought a really nice local, vegan friendly, Pinot noir to serve with dinner.

And for dessert, I made a fresh strawberry/ rhubarb crumble with my own grown strawberries & rhubarb. I've had a busy afternoon. It's time to get this together. Gotta run!

Our weekly pasta night tonight - spaghettini with tons of sauted garlic (our one night we have a tablespoon of olive oil) whole pitted calamati olives, whole cherry tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, chili peppers, topped with nutritional yeast. Our version of aglio e olio.

Emma JC

Yesterday I made lentils with rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and olive oil. I also prepared jasmine white rice with coconut oil, and plain steamed okra. I will likely eat the left-overs for dinner tonight, but since all the okra is gone, there would be mixed veg (peas, carrots, potato, limas) on the side instead.

Last evening turned into a Mac and NotCheese night - simple elbowish pasta with the boiled potato/carrot/onion base and then all the spices, nooch, etc added and whirred in the food processor. I basically used Maddy Lymburner's recipe and then added a bit of extra sriracha and some miso.

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
I had mixed veggies and rice left over from dinner on nights previous, as well as some veggies from my lunch out left over, so I decided to throw them together with a handful of tiny white and purple potatoes, whole pecans and this jarred curry sauce that I absolutely adore. THE PECANS WERE A GREAT IDEA.

Last night, I had whole wheat spaghetti with marinara sauce.

I had pasta last night for a change, myself. I rarely eat pasta...and not because I don't like it. I just don't find myself making pasta that often, for some reason.

I had rice pasta with a homemade primavera sauce, with some fresh veggies from my garden. I omitted the olive oil from my recipe, as its not needed.

I just tossed a bunch of fresh veggies into a pot of simmering homemade tomato sauce, with a small amount of water, and simmered it for about 45-60 mins, until nice and tender. I seasoned the sauce with some basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and a bit of salt and pepper. I also toss a fresh bay leaf in mine as it simmers. My neighbour has a laurel tree in their yard, so I go pick my own fresh bay leaves from his yard...with permission, of course ;)

So easy, and so delicious. I have lots of leftovers too :)

Reactions: hopeful and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.