What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I've been out of town for the past few days. It is good to be back in my kitchen. I've missed my usual food. Tonight I'm making a simple rice and bean dish for dinner. I'm using black rice and black beans, with some corn niblets for colour.

• 👍
Reactions: hopeful

hopeful

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Last night, I had homemade curry, made with potatoes, tofu, and 1 carrot. I ate it over a rice and quinoa blend.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
It's grilling time :D

I grilled some smoked seitan I made the other day with some BBQ sauce. I made veggie skewers, also for the grill, and oven fries to go with it. The veggie skewers were amazing. They look so awesome and taste just as good. The seitan was a bit chewy, but tasty, nonetheless.

• 👍
Reactions: Forest Nymph

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Potatoes, brown rice and barley mixed with Vegemite and pizza sauce spiked with citric acid. Better than I thought it would be.

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
When it cools down I'll fry some potatoes with onions, and have left over split peas with rosemary. Meanwhile I'll listen to Eidelweiss and dream of snowy Eastern European Alps.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
It's warm here too.

I made a quinoa salad with a few fresh veggies from my garden. It's a nice cool meal for a warm evening.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had boring old leftover quinoa salad, with some baked yam, and a beer that my neighbour gave me. lol. It had been a long time since I had an alcoholic beverage of any kind. It was refreshing and enjoyable. It tasted like more :D

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Spelt pasta with broccoli, sweet corn, green peas, purple cabbage

Sauce: pizza sauce with nutritional yeast and salt.

• 👍
Reactions: Forest Nymph

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Making portabella burgers tonight for my 3 guests. I will smoke them in my electric smoker first, before grilling them. I'm serving them on fresh baked buns with a traditional coleslaw, and grilled yam rounds. I also have a fresh salad with greens from my garden.

To start I made two kinds of hummus dip. One with roasted red peppers, and the other with toasted kalamata olives. So the hummus, with a small veggie platter, breads, olives, pickles, and a heap of homemade kale chips to get everyone started

I rarely drink, but since I have guests, I bought a really nice local, vegan friendly, Pinot noir to serve with dinner.

And for dessert, I made a fresh strawberry/ rhubarb crumble with my own grown strawberries & rhubarb. I've had a busy afternoon. It's time to get this together. Gotta run!

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Our weekly pasta night tonight - spaghettini with tons of sauted garlic (our one night we have a tablespoon of olive oil) whole pitted calamati olives, whole cherry tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, chili peppers, topped with nutritional yeast. Our version of aglio e olio.

Emma JC

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Yesterday I made lentils with rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and olive oil. I also prepared jasmine white rice with coconut oil, and plain steamed okra. I will likely eat the left-overs for dinner tonight, but since all the okra is gone, there would be mixed veg (peas, carrots, potato, limas) on the side instead.

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Last evening turned into a Mac and NotCheese night - simple elbowish pasta with the boiled potato/carrot/onion base and then all the spices, nooch, etc added and whirred in the food processor. I basically used Maddy Lymburner's recipe and then added a bit of extra sriracha and some miso.

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: Veganite

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had mixed veggies and rice left over from dinner on nights previous, as well as some veggies from my lunch out left over, so I decided to throw them together with a handful of tiny white and purple potatoes, whole pecans and this jarred curry sauce that I absolutely adore. THE PECANS WERE A GREAT IDEA.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Last night, I had whole wheat spaghetti with marinara sauce.
I had pasta last night for a change, myself. I rarely eat pasta...and not because I don't like it. I just don't find myself making pasta that often, for some reason.

I had rice pasta with a homemade primavera sauce, with some fresh veggies from my garden. I omitted the olive oil from my recipe, as its not needed.

I just tossed a bunch of fresh veggies into a pot of simmering homemade tomato sauce, with a small amount of water, and simmered it for about 45-60 mins, until nice and tender. I seasoned the sauce with some basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and a bit of salt and pepper. I also toss a fresh bay leaf in mine as it simmers. My neighbour has a laurel tree in their yard, so I go pick my own fresh bay leaves from his yard...with permission, of course ;)

So easy, and so delicious. I have lots of leftovers too :)

• 👍
Reactions: hopeful and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shyvas Did You Know ? Lounge 57
betiPT What did you Cook or Bake Today? Food & Drink 141
Peaceful I did it for my health General 5
Sax How did you transition? General 31
conVEctionery Product Did someone say vegan kit kats?! Marketplace 0
shyvas What did you cook or Bake today? Food & Drink 485
B Pig Portraits I did for a sanctuary Marketplace 0
A Went vegan and husband did not Relationships 6
ski Cbd oil uk anyone use it and if so did you see improvements that cbd oil claims to do ? Products 1
Hedgewitch Did you know how polymer money is made? General 2
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2018) Food & Drink 289
amberfunk What did you have for lunch? Food & Drink 988
T Question How did Leslie Cross die? Ask Us a Question! 13
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2016) Food & Drink 63
U News Did you receive support from your family when becoming vegan? General 10
U Did you family and friends support you being a Vegan? General 14
bratvada Did you order a takeaway? Food & Drink 4
T Space Sciences Did anyone see the Leonid meteors last night? Science & Technology 3
Damo How did you find us? Lounge 8
Clueless Git Did ya miss me, Yeah! When I was away ... ? Lounge 13
Blaine How long did it take to transition? Transitioning 7
beancounter Life Sciences Brontosaurus - scientists rule dinosaur did exist Science & Technology 5
Blobbenstein Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not. General Discussion 6
Alexia Why did you choose to become a vegan or vegetarian? General 19
Indian Summer News Did Hillary Clinton break the rules by using personal email account? General Discussion 7
beancounter Article: I Liked Everything I Saw on Facebook for Two Days. Here’s What It Did to Me Lounge 11
Blobbenstein How did avocados evolve? General Discussion 1
SummerRain What age did you go vegetarian? Lounge 46
spottygiraffe Did going vegan make you a better cook? General 42
Amy SF Did you have an imaginary friend... Lounge 32
das_nut US Did PostSecret post a murder confession? General Discussion 1
Blobbenstein Why did some branches of the human race become lactose tolerant? General Discussion 11
Indian Summer Did the Nazis have a secret base in Antarctica? General Discussion 7
Indian Summer How did you find Veggie Views? Introduce Yourself 47
D Thanks, London... you did a great job! (Olympics) UK & Eire 0
U Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona General Discussion 31
Mel Literature What did you read as a child/teen? Media & Entertainment 42
sallyomally How did your fur baby (babies) come to be named? Animals 21
beancounter Spell check. Where did it go? Suggestions & Bugs 1
Veggiemama Were you raised vegetarian? Did your parents give you a choice? The Vegetarian Forum 52
D Space Sciences Did anyone see the Venus transit? Science & Technology 8
O Nutrition & Diet How to eat chia seeds Health & Body 5
Lou Eat For Life General 0
Gaspard Can vegans eat meat (roadkills) General 24
Andrea Media 10 Places to Eat Vegan in Seoul, Korea Marketplace 0
P Is it ethically suspect to eat even lab-grown meat? Philosophy 4
T The things I used to eat... Health & Body 15
Lou New Reality Show Makes you Eat a Pet or go Vegan General 1
Veginout Product How To Eat Well For Just $5 a Day On a Plantbased Diet Marketplace 0
nobody Do you eat Roquette pea protein isolate? General 7