What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta with Chinese lettuce, roasted chic peas coated in garlic and onion powder, and a pasta sauce.

Pasta sauce was tomato paste, onion, garlic, flax seeds, rice bran and salt, well blended.

Angel hair pasta with tofu, sauce and veggies

Veggies: Broccoli and jalapenos

Sauce: Water, tomato paste base, crushed flax seeds, rice bran*, smoked paprika, onion, garlic, ground sumac, salt – well blended.

Wonderfully oily but without the oil! :)

*rice bran added to sauce for extra b vitamins and minerals because the pasta was a stripped/white pasta.

I was planning on having some brown rice and beans (the brown rice has already been prepared and is frozen), then I got lazy (lazier?) and just decided to have some

Potato soup, with ground sunflower seeds, onion and garlic, cayenne pepper, tomato paste and salt, cooked and blended together. Plus a few pieces of wholemeal bread.

Nixtamalized brown rice, tomato, broccoli, jalapenos, a mix of peanuts, cashews and macadamias, nutritional yeast and salt.

Bok choy, shallot and mushrooms cooked with ginger, garlic and onion powder. Sauteed with sesame oil and bragg's liquid aminos.

Reactions: Lou
Stir-fried broccoli, mushrooms, and baked Super Tofu. served over a cup of rice. One tbsp of olive oil. One tbsp coconut amino.

One glass of Reisling.

After lunch I had 3 pieces of wholemeal with Vegemite, then 1 oat/date drink from this morning.

And I've been full the rest of the day. So Dinner tonight is tomato soup with the boiled water from the earlier brown rice, some onion and garlic and salt.

Last night was slow cooked pinto beans, cilantro lime rice and home made sour cream.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Stir-fried string beans, mushrooms, and baked Super Tofu. served over a cup of rice. One tbsp of sesame oil. One tbsp Hoison sauce.

Fruit salad for dessert

Reactions: amberfunk
im planning some sweet potato mash with veg pies and bit of salad, but still gotta go to shop for those potatoes and stick some of my stickers around meat section:bomb:

Last night, I had a salad with Boca "chic'n" on it, topped with vegan ceasar dressing. I love that dinner, and it's really easy.

Brown Basmati with caramelized onion, garlic, Chinese lettuce, tomato, broccoli, and an Italian style dressing made from a variety of herbs, chia seeds, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt.

Stir-fried string beans, mushrooms, and baked Super Tofu. served over a cup of rice. One tbsp of sesame oil. One tbsp Hoison sauce.

Fruit salad for dessert

Holy moly that's a lot of sesame oil! Sesame oil is the only oil I use now (for flavor, not calories or mouthfeel) and it adds a nice taste but more than a few drops and I find it ruins the dish for me!

Last edited:
Holy moly that's a lot of sesame oil! Sesame oil is the only oil I use now (for flavor, not calories or mouthfeel) and it adds a nice taste but more than a few drops and I find it ruins the dish for me!
huh? I have been trying to use less oil anyway. I will try just a few drops next time.

huh? I have been trying to use less oil anyway. I will try just a few drops next time.

Heh...it wasn't about the amount of oil, but the type! I was just wondering how you could stand it. I have found sesame seed oil great in small doses, but more than a few drops ruins the dish for me.

Re: oil in general. I've found now that I don't use it (in general that is, outside of the few drops of sesame) I am less hungry after meals and between meals. One thing is for sure, as a beer drinker I don't want any more empty calories than I'm already getting :p

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I wrote that post it wasn't considering the difference in Tbs size between Aussie and US. That being said...heh

What? Tbs are different down under?

Oh, probably couldn't taste the sesame seed oil because of the Hoison sauce. But I like the flavour of sesame seed oil anyway.

But still, if I don't need to use more than a few drops - I won't

So yesterday I stir-fried mushrooms and string beans and tofu again. But used a little olive oil and soy sauce instead.

I had oven baked the entire pound of super firm tofu a few days ago and been adding it to my stir fries and salads. But the stuff is so firm, I think it doesn't have to be baked. I will try that next week.

I'm making stuffed peppers. The stuffing is with black rice, onions, sun dried tomato, and smoked mushrooms. I should have lots of filling leftover for tacos tomorrow.

What? Tbs are different down under?

Oh, probably couldn't taste the sesame seed oil because of the Hoison sauce. But I like the flavour of sesame seed oil anyway.

But still, if I don't need to use more than a few drops - I won't

No, no. Golly gee. Based on your responses someone might think I'm vying for the position of Vegan police or something, lol. You use as much oil as you want. No one is going to tell you it's not Vegan. It's not healthy (but neither is the beer I drink), but it certainly falls under the banner of not including animals or animal by-products.

Aussie tablespoon is 20ml, US/UK is 15ml. I had heard they were different, and that info is just off of Wikipedia.

As for the sesame oil, my reaction was based on the type that I use - the toasted dark sesame oil, which has a strong flavor. Because it is so strong, I only use a few drops of it. I wasn't even thinking of the non-dark type.

Status
Not open for further replies.