What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited about what I'll make for dinner in a few hours. I went to the co op and got bulk rotini pasta, pine nuts, garlic, an heirloom tomato, fresh local basil, dried porcini mushrooms and olives from the deli. All I'll need is the olive oil, salt and pepper at my friends house. Considering adding red wine.

Reactions: hopeful
Last night, I had Amy's no-cheese pizza. I love that. I usually don't get it because of cost, but I am away from home and it was an easy dinner. :)

Last night I sliced a zucchini, a summer squash, a tomato, and some onion, stir frying it with extra firm tofu in olive oil, Braggs liquid aminos, the juice of a whole orange, and plentiful balsamic vinegar. I also tossed in left over fresh basil from my Mediterranean pasta dish the night before. Served with white jasmine rice cooked with a bit of coconut oil.

Probably have the left over tofu veggie stir fry tonight.

Last night, I had Amy's no-cheese pizza. I love that. I usually don't get it because of cost, but I am away from home and it was an easy dinner. :)

Amy's is great. I had the opportunity to go to the Amy's Drive Thru in Santa Rosa twice last spring. They make vegan chili cheese fries and non dairy shakes.

Yesterday I tried making eggplant "bacon" (recipe from Minimalist Baker). It turned out ok. I probably should have baked it a bit longer. But I made E"B"LT and Avocado sandwiches out of it. Was pretty good. Now I need to find different things to use vegan Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke with. Oooh - maybe marinade tofu with it.

Late afternoon/dinner:

A fairly large serving of Potato soup with broccoli, mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, salt. Also a few slices of wholemeal bread.

Last night I had a thawed veggie burger on the grill, with a fresh made veganized Greek salad.

There is such a place??? I hope they multiply!

Yes but only in the Bay Area now. That's how I got to go to the one in Santa Rosa, on a group trip with classmates. It's similar to Veggie Grill (another very nice vegan restaurant) and Native Foods (in LA and San Diego only, I think) in being California fast-casual in origin. We are very lucky here, though of course Portland, OR boasts the first all-vegan mini-mall.

Last night I made these incredible burritos that were surprisingly simple.

I soaked and cooked a bag of dry pinto beans with half a large red onion, a few cloves of minced garlic, the vegetable Better than Bouillon, and a can of chipotle peppers marinated in adobo sauce.

Then I built the burritos with rice, the bean mixture, a couple of slices of Chao original vegan cheese, and sliced, salted avocado.

Some vegetable patties (mix of veggies and beans) on whole wheat with onion, cos lettuce, tomato, my homemade mustard and ketchup.

Also having potato soup (potato, onion, garlic, salt).

Reactions: hopeful
I had a green veggie bowl, yum! The quickest, easiest vegan recipe basically I added every green veg I could find at home + chickpeas.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Late afternoon/dinner:

A fairly large serving of Potato soup with broccoli, mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, salt. Also a few slices of wholemeal bread.

This again, minus the broccoli and mushrooms, and added celery to the mix. I also had a sandwich with Tempeh and lettuce.

Edit: I forgot to add that I added pepitas as well. Together with the celery and all blended up with the other ingredients, I dubbed my creation "green potato soup" and thought it would be excellent for winter/Christmas celebrations :p

Last edited:
I'm so excited my roommate had a pot, so I could cook a simple meal!

I boiled left over rotini pasta from last week. I made a sauce of minced garlic, tiny tomatoes, oil and Balsamic. I added a bit of salt. It's delicious.

I can't imagine the loss of calories or loss of enjoyment of food from taking away this small amount of oil. Asking people to be vegan AND oil free is absurd if they make less than 40K per year ; "yes I know let's make veganism even harder."

My friend has a hard time keeping on weight as it is. Asking him to be oil free would be abusive, especially in prompting him to go vegan.

And being a homeless vegan trying to scrape together a meal at Taco Bell or from ugly produce and cheap pasta, without oil. You'd ******* starve to death.

I'm quite a healthy vegan eating oil. I imagine the problem just like anything else is being sedentary and eating too much oil.

I'm so angry at anything creating unnecessary barriers to veganism. I am so angry at anything creating pretenses to action on climate change.

Dinners this week will be smothered burritos made with refried beans and vegan green chili. I used some fire-roasted green chiles from a local farm that's nearby. That little bit of char makes such a delicious green chili.

Steamed string beans (From my sister's garden), baked tofu, brown rice. It would have been super healthy but I poured teriyaki sauce all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.