What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
last night I made a delicious bean veggie soup that I haven't made for a long time - I have been very discouraged by cooking beans in the Instant Pot as they just don't cook as well as they do in the Crock pot - so I put a pot on overnight the night - 2 cups each of pinto and black beans with 2chopped onions and 2 chopped jalapeno and some garlic in the bottom, some spices, and then top up with water and on low for 10 hours - I then left it sitting in the pot until the afternoon when I chopped carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic, zucchini boiled that in veggie stock then added a can of diced tomatoes and all of the liquid from the beans and probably half of the beans. The rest of the beans went into containers in the freezer.

The soup was delicious and had some whole grain pita on the side. Having it again tonight and then will freeze the rest.

Emma JC

I will be having Thanksgiving leftovers: Mashed potatoes, an assortment of roasted veggies, and possibly a veggie sausage for protein. I've already had a chickpea cutlet sandwich for lunch, so I don't want to eat another cutlet tonight. I might just have the veggies only. We'll see. Oh, and cranberry sauce. 😋

I will be having Thanksgiving leftovers: Mashed potatoes, an assortment of roasted veggies, and possibly a veggie sausage for protein. I've already had a chickpea cutlet sandwich for lunch, so I don't want to eat another cutlet tonight. I might just have the veggies only. We'll see. Oh, and cranberry sauce. 😋

Sounds good, especially the sausage. 😋

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
My freezer is so full that things keep falling out of it. so now that it is no longer summer I'm making an effort to eat up all the frozen veggies and fruit that I stored over the summer.

Polished off the last of the frozen veggies last night, had a nice tofu stir fry. And I'm slowly working on the frozen bananas and strawberries. It's a little too cold for smoothies so I may make some banana bread. The strawberries can also go into oatmeal.

last night I made a delicious bean veggie soup that I haven't made for a long time - I have been very discouraged by cooking beans in the Instant Pot as they just don't cook as well as they do in the Crock pot - so I put a pot on overnight the night - 2 cups each of pinto and black beans with 2chopped onions and 2 chopped jalapeno and some garlic in the bottom, some spices, and then top up with water and on low for 10 hours - I then left it sitting in the pot until the afternoon when I chopped carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic, zucchini boiled that in veggie stock then added a can of diced tomatoes and all of the liquid from the beans and probably half of the beans. The rest of the beans went into containers in the freezer.

The soup was delicious and had some whole grain pita on the side. Having it again tonight and then will freeze the rest.

Emma JC

I may copy that. but i don't have any issues with the IP and beans

More Thanksgiving leftovers: Chickpea cutlet, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy and cranberry sauce. I still have enough left for one more meal.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Status
Not open for further replies.