What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating on making linguine with tomato basil marinara, Earth Balance and onions and peppers, topped with nooch OR....

A split yellow pea dal curry with coconut milk, veggie broth, spices, potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, turnips and possibly tofu.

One clearly takes more effort than the other but both will be had this weekend.

Also, some mimosas with juice and prosecco.

Reactions: Val and Qwaychou
Dinner: A pasta made from red rice and chia, with peanuts, olives,
sauteed onion and mushroom, lettuce and sauce

Sauce: A mixture of garlic, tomato sauce, salt, pepper,
sage, rosemary and raw sugar. Slighty BBQish. It
was delicious.

I had the best veggie soup. My friend is a small sustainability/sustenance farmer and he had us over to help pick vegetables and pull out old tomato plants.

We ended up with this glorious vegan soup in a giant pot over a bonfire, with all of his veggies, including pieces of an enormous pumpkin, two kinds of potatoes, chard, onions, tomatoes, a special kind of broccoli, cilantro, and he added some locally made hot sauce and sea salt.

I also tried some of his spicy lettuces and ground cherries, straight out of the ground.

My friend brought a dish of lentils to the party, and I brought a pumpkin pudding with coconut milk, coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spices.

We all drank stinging nettle tea, and I brought a mug of soup home. It was a lovely time.

I made a delicious chunky gravy out of onions, celery, canned portobello mushrooms, salt n pepper, oil and balsamic vinegar and one of those dirt cheap vegan gravy powder packets heated with water. I ate this layered over baked potatoes. I also had an everything bagel with onion chive vegan cream cheez.

Falafel wraps - homemade whole wheat wraps stuffed with falafel (not homemade), lettuce, mushroom, tomato and a ranch style dressing.

I loosely based the ranch dressing on this recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/261742/vegan-ranch-dressing/ but substituted out the veganaise and soy milk with tahini, used pickle juice for the dill (lol) and added oats and pepitas to thicken a bit in addition to the other ingredients. So I can't vouch for the recipe. It was pretty good though.

last night was bread pizza base with sauce (purchased) and then added chopped mushrooms, green olives, shredded parm cheez and one Field Roast chipotle sausage sliced thinly to replicate pepperoni

I also made some gingerbread cookies yesterday topped with some icing and we ate about 6 each of those.... hence why I don't bake very often.

Emma JC

For supper i had: a salad of boiled farro😋, Azeri tomato and finely chopped cabbage with green plum Tkemali sauce and apple cider vinegar;
Pickled yuba, as usual;
Pickled jalapeños!🔥;
Prunes, cashews, cranberries, mandarin oranges and pears;
Pomegranate juice and chokeberry juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.