What did you Cook or Bake Today?

My cookies were a hit! The chef and program coordinator both thought they were amazing! And everyone else was wrapping 1-2 in napkins to take home, lol.

There was one woman who I saw take a bite and put the cookie down in her plate. Then proceeded to throw her plate in the trash/garbage, lol. Can’t win ‘em all I suppose. She’s kind of a cranky sort, anyway. 🤷‍♀️
(I hate s'mores)

Reactions: KLS52
(I hate s'mores)
It's ok...not everything is for everyone. 🙃

I'm actually not a big fan myself but these cookies were way better than s'mores. I do like the flavor combo of chocolate, graham and marshmallow.

Reactions: Emma JC
It's ok...not everything is for everyone. 🙃

I'm actually not a big fan myself but these cookies were way better than s'mores. I do like the flavor combo of chocolate, graham and marshmallow.
I totally want to try making them! I love s’mores. Always reminds me of the many awesome camping trips I have taken. I am so glad they were a hit!

Reactions: KLS52
I just had to look this up--my sons used to like to make smore's treats with this cereal--and it is vegan
Golden Grahams!
I had no idea Golden Grahams were vegan! I used to love that cereal. I like your sons' idea for the s'mores with this cereal. Might have to try that.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had no idea Golden Grahams were vegan! I used to love that cereal. I like your sons' idea for the s'mores with this cereal. Might have to try that.
I hadn't thought about that for years till you guys brought up smore's.
Yeah, I think just melted marshmallows and stirred in the cereal and chips, dropped on wax paper

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I actually baked today! I made chocolate chip cookie bars. I overcooked them a bit but they are still yummy!
I often over bake baked goods. With cookies, I like them chewy…neither soft nor crisp. So it’s hard to get them to that perfect consistency…although I would imagine the recipe itself controls some of that. I also just prefer things to be well done/browned.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I made peanut butter cups as there was a discussion in another thread about Reece's now having vegan ones and then saw Cobert/Spielberg discussing ET and Reece's pieces so found an easy vegan recipe - so easy to make and yet I screwed it up and used half the amount of peanut butter I was supposed to so each of them (12) are very very rich/chocalatey - will make them again properly after these are done.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I made shredded seitan with white beans, in my fabulous Breville food processor! I'd never suggest buying anything like that new, but finding a used one cheap - I love it so much!
About a third of it I added BBQ sauce and let sit overnight
I also made cole slaw--since I was gonna use the processor anyway, I used it to shred the cabbage. It has an adjustable blade and I lowered it. It's like eating hair :confused::p. I've flubbed cole slaw again! Better than when I used a shredding blade though.....
Here's the bbq seitan-

Attachments

• 20230305_095033.jpg
    20230305_095033.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Lol @ eating hair.

The seitan is quite impressive!
It's one of the best I've made--of course from throwing things together, no measures, no recipes 🙄. It's like the only way I can cook, either successfully, or complete failure. And rarely able to replicate...
Key is processing till taffy like and swinging ropes of dough, then wetting and knotting. I keep reading that an overnight rest will be enough, but that did not work for me for shreds!
It's so moist and tender I could not have eaten this early in my veg days!

bread... woohoo... I made bread - a cool loaf that was 50/50 white/whole wheat - no kneading - it is good and somewhat dense - flour, yeast, salt, water, maple syrup - that's it - rise for 20 minutes while the oven was heating, cook for 40 minutes

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
Good Vegan Recipes, Made Easy That is my favorite site for all baked things! :heart:
(why does my spell check seem to think I'm a Brit? Favourite, ok 🙄:joy:)

the one thing I would change about the recipe is activating the yeast in the warm water/maple syrup first instead of mixing it in with the flour first - it is very very dense to the point that you can't really even toast it and I think my yeast is the normal kind not the instant kind so it would take more to activate it properly

Emma JC

the one thing I would change about the recipe is activating the yeast in the warm water/maple syrup first instead of mixing it in with the flour first - it is very very dense to the point that you can't really even toast it and I think my yeast is the normal kind not the instant kind so it would take more to activate it properly

Emma JC
I've always mixxed yeast in 110F (which is the hottest from tap) and a tsp sugar and let bubble. The last time I made bread I realized I had instant/activated so I tried just mixing with the flour and everything. It didn't matter, but I feel better letting it bubble first!

I'm looking forward to making some good seedy wheat bread. I'll go to the store tomorrow

• Agree
A large pot of creamy, vanilla flavoured rice pudding.
Braised leeks and I'll make both a leek & spinach tofu bake and some leek/mushroom/soya curl pasties.

I'm invited to my pal's in the Luberon for Sunday lunch and will bring over the leek tofu bake.