What did you Cook or Bake Today?

I have to post this recipe for the matcha pound cake. It’s so good. But here are a few notes:

First, it calls for two tablespoons of matcha tea powder. I only used one and thank goodness i did because the matcha flavor is very strong. I think it depends on the type of matcha powder you buy. I happened to have an organic one that I purchased off amazon. It must be very potent because one tablespoon was more than enough.

Second, I had a can of Trader Joe’s organic coconut “cream”. I’m thinking because the recipe says to cream the coconut cream with the sugar that the cream was supposed to be fairly hardened. I put the can in the refrigerator overnight but it remained all liquid. So I just went with it like that and it worked out fine.

Lastly, I didn’t bother with the glaze. Shocking, I know, lol. I just sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar before serving to the ladies. `

I had to cut both cakes (the matcha and the apple beer bread) into slices and freeze them but I’ve been having half a slice of each every morning. I toast them in the air fryer and they are just so good. Sometimes I add cream cheese and/or jam. These recipes are keepers for sure.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Slowly climbing out of my rut! Going to make this later this afternoon. I have violife feta and will sub tofutti sour cream for the yogurt. I feel like I posted this somewhere already, just like my other post but I can’t remember where I put stuff, lol.

Slowly climbing out of my rut! Going to make this later this afternoon. I have violife feta and will sub tofutti sour cream for the yogurt. I feel like I posted this somewhere already, just like my other post but I can’t remember where I put stuff, lol.

How did it go?

It didn't lol. I got a call to go out and then I just put it off. Hopefully I'll get to it this week. I really want to try it.
Let us know how it goes.
Today I made a ratatouille in the slow cooker. I used home grown eggplant and tomatoes and I also put in red pepper, zuchhini, onion, and a few other bits and bobs. I tried it and it tastes really good. We are going to eat it as a vegetable side dish this week.

I've sent a sample of vegan dishes to my two omni pals who wish me to give them vegan cookery lessons.
As it's still chilly, I have chosen winter, wholesome and economical dishes to make:

* Sweet potato,chickpea & kale curry with brown rice-Curry de patate douce,pois chiches & kale avec riz complet

* Mushroom & walnut wholewheat tagliatelle- Tagliatelle complet sauce champignons & noix

* Lentil & mushroom cottage pie topped with sweet potato mash served with a red cabbage/carrot/beetroot slaw-Parmentier de lentils &
champignons avec patates douces servie avec un slaw (choux rouge & carrot rapés/betterave crus,graines de courges)

One of them wanted to taste kale as neither have ever eaten it before. The French don't like spicy or piquant food and are quite conservative so I haven't gone overboard with the choice of dishes.

I should wait until I've actually made these, but this is the plan:

Will report back. I've been wanting to try that rigatoni, as it's quite easy. I'm having a hard time guessing whether I'll like it or not
I have a jar of quite sweet strawberry jam so that should be delicious

I should wait until I've actually made these, but this is the plan:

Will report back. I've been wanting to try that rigatoni, as it's quite easy. I'm having a hard time guessing whether I'll like it or not
I have a jar of quite sweet strawberry jam so that should be delicious
Ooh, I must try that Swiss Roll!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Ooh, I must try that Swiss Roll!
I just pulled the cake out the oven. I had real issues with the batter. I should have checked other recipes for proportions because it was super thick and sticky. I even used my scale instead of trying to convert. I added a good half cup of water to thin it to a cake batter consistency, and even then it was very hard to spread in the pan. Size was never mentioned, and I used a 16 x 28 inch sheet pan I thought I'd used for a roll cake. It rose a good deal and lumpy, cause I couldn't spread it flat. Then I waited too long before rolling it, and it cracked a bit
....and I rolled it up long ways instead of short end, :fp: :rofl:
Now the rigatoni is in the oven. I used my favorite pizza sauce and fresh spinach

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
I made super good peanut butter cookies, half i pressed in dark choc chunks

I also made a cashew based french onion dip using a cup raw cashews and a packet of generic French onion soup/dip mix. Eating some now with celery

I made pizza for lunch.
I got this new thing where I just make one serving at a time in my air fryer.
I get these crusts from trader joes and cut them in half . I use sauce from a jar, liquid mozzarella cheese, slice some Italian sausage and some mushrooms, add some sliced mushrooms.

I also did most of the prep work for an Instant Pot Cuban Black beans. I'm combining two different recipes. I've had them both before and just doing the best parts of each one. I'll start the instant pot later today and then I just have to pop the sliced plantains and red pepper in the oven.

I also did most of the prep work for an Instant Pot Cuban Black beans. I'm combining two different recipes. I've had them both before and just doing the best parts of each one. I'll start the instant pot later today and then I just have to pop the sliced plantains and red pepper in the oven.

Something went wrong with the roasted sliced plantains. Pretty close to inedible. Maybe they weren't ripe enough or something. I still have one left and plenty of left over CBB so I'll try again when they get blacker.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
My cookies were a hit! The chef and program coordinator both thought they were amazing! And everyone else was wrapping 1-2 in napkins to take home, lol.

There was one woman who I saw take a bite and put the cookie down in her plate. Then proceeded to throw her plate in the trash/garbage, lol. Can’t win ‘em all I suppose. She’s kind of a cranky sort, anyway. 🤷‍♀️