What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Wow @KLS52 !
Did you brush the top? Steam the oven?
I take it this was baked in the Dutch oven?
Yes dutch oven. I’m supposed to brush the top with water and I’ve forgotten all three times! I don’t know why I have such a mental block with it. It does bake covered for 30 minutes then an additional 10-15 without the cover.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I made the best of the best turky seitan, since it's my day off, and my car is in the shop.
I link this all the time, but it's always just so good!
I now do V2, with the corn, and at least double the herbs. I used my IP on high slow cook, which really doesn't get to a full simmer! Anyway, then I put in a 350 F oven for 30 min.
It's got grain, and that stretched 'skin' top is just amazing.
Having a beer now trying to save it for tomorrow!

I made an apple pie that will be split between my dad and a friend. I also made a veggie pot pie that was part of my friend's birthday present. She was thrilled. :)

This…only mine doesn’t look quite this good lol.

View attachment 26166
I can't get with the apples and custard, but strawberries or blueberries sound amazing!- other than the pudding layer would need to be beneath them?

I'm finally making the ginger biscotti recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade your cookie Jar by Isa. I've only made a few recipes, but love the book!
I had to use blackstrap molasses though, which concerns me. It's so strong! I had a bottle of the regular stuff but it was so old I didn't trust it. Maybe should have gone with maple syrup-aka cheap pancake syrup my son uses. :dismay:

Yeah,my hopes aren't real high for this

I can't get with the apples and custard, but strawberries or blueberries sound amazing!- other than the pudding layer would need to be beneath them?
I actually might agree with you but was curious and wanted to try it. I had apples I needed to use up and this recipe came across my FB feed.

This was disappointing. The custard was too thick/firm and kind of tasteless. The apples, CocoWhip and caramel sauce really improved it but not the texture of the custard. If I try again I think I will decrease the cornstarch. Maybe I’ll just make the custard to see if I can make it better.
Eech. It's got tumeric ! :yuck:
It does sound pretty bland, not enough vanilla, and too much tumeric. :yuck:
Looking at a recipe I use for pudding it does seem like a lot of cornstarch.

Anyway, thanks for this, because my searching found THIS-
I'll be looking for this and using that extra creamy oatmilk!

Most boxed pudding mixes are vegan, that might be a better bet!

Reactions: KLS52