What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Wow @KLS52 !
Did you brush the top? Steam the oven?
I take it this was baked in the Dutch oven?
Yes dutch oven. I’m supposed to brush the top with water and I’ve forgotten all three times! I don’t know why I have such a mental block with it. It does bake covered for 30 minutes then an additional 10-15 without the cover.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I made the best of the best turky seitan, since it's my day off, and my car is in the shop.
I link this all the time, but it's always just so good!
I now do V2, with the corn, and at least double the herbs. I used my IP on high slow cook, which really doesn't get to a full simmer! Anyway, then I put in a 350 F oven for 30 min.
It's got grain, and that stretched 'skin' top is just amazing.
Having a beer now trying to save it for tomorrow!

I made an apple pie that will be split between my dad and a friend. I also made a veggie pot pie that was part of my friend's birthday present. She was thrilled. :)

This…only mine doesn’t look quite this good lol.

View attachment 26166
I can't get with the apples and custard, but strawberries or blueberries sound amazing!- other than the pudding layer would need to be beneath them?

I'm finally making the ginger biscotti recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade your cookie Jar by Isa. I've only made a few recipes, but love the book!
I had to use blackstrap molasses though, which concerns me. It's so strong! I had a bottle of the regular stuff but it was so old I didn't trust it. Maybe should have gone with maple syrup-aka cheap pancake syrup my son uses. :dismay:

Yeah,my hopes aren't real high for this

I can't get with the apples and custard, but strawberries or blueberries sound amazing!- other than the pudding layer would need to be beneath them?
I actually might agree with you but was curious and wanted to try it. I had apples I needed to use up and this recipe came across my FB feed.

This…only mine doesn’t look quite this good lol.

View attachment 26166
This was disappointing. The custard was too thick/firm and kind of tasteless. The apples, CocoWhip and caramel sauce really improved it but not the texture of the custard. If I try again I think I will decrease the cornstarch. Maybe I’ll just make the custard to see if I can make it better.

This was disappointing. The custard was too thick/firm and kind of tasteless. The apples, CocoWhip and caramel sauce really improved it but not the texture of the custard. If I try again I think I will decrease the cornstarch. Maybe I’ll just make the custard to see if I can make it better.
Eech. It's got tumeric ! :yuck:
It does sound pretty bland, not enough vanilla, and too much tumeric. :yuck:
Looking at a recipe I use for pudding it does seem like a lot of cornstarch.

Anyway, thanks for this, because my searching found THIS-
I'll be looking for this and using that extra creamy oatmilk!

Most boxed pudding mixes are vegan, that might be a better bet!

Reactions: KLS52