What Did You Cook or Bake today?

The pie is in the oven. And I've also made pumpkin muffins. I love the recipe because it's not super sugary. I used old Betty Crocker recipe (my cookbook is from the early 80s) and used EngerG egg replacer. They are delicious! I am having one now with coffee.

I mixed the dough for overnight artisan bread…I’m so excited! I hope it comes out ok because I don’t have a Dutch oven to bake it in!

Well it looks pretty. It feels a little heavy. I think I might have to buy the Dutch oven and not wait for Christmas. Unless it turns out that it’s really good. I need to let it cool a bit before I cut into it. I hope it’s not too dense.

You’re supposed to heat the Dutch oven then put the dough in and bake it. I didn’t do that because I only have a cheap tinny bread loaf pan. Hopefully it won’t matter too much. 🤞🏼

Attachments

• E00D9467-7468-440D-B70E-B998CA51D7EE.jpeg
    E00D9467-7468-440D-B70E-B998CA51D7EE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
The pie is in the oven. And I've also made pumpkin muffins. I love the recipe because it's not super sugary. I used old Betty Crocker recipe (my cookbook is from the early 80s) and used EngerG egg replacer. They are delicious! I am having one now with coffee.
How did I miss this! 😮😍
Oh, probably because it was the day after my sleep study lol. It took the entire weekend to recuperate haha. 😁

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Well it looks pretty. It feels a little heavy. I think I might have to buy the Dutch oven and not wait for Christmas. Unless it turns out that it’s really good. I need to let it cool a bit before I cut into it. I hope it’s not too dense.

You’re supposed to heat the Dutch oven then put the dough in and bake it. I didn’t do that because I only have a cheap tinny bread loaf pan. Hopefully it won’t matter too much. 🤞🏼
That does look good! I've seen those Dutch oven recipes and have passed because I dont' need to buy one! I do often see ceramic coated cast iron ones at some good prices, even at Aldi. I might try my cast iron skillet though?
Can't wait to hear how it is inside- I often have underdone middles

I have my favorite cranberry bread in the oven now, with toasted pecans!

That sounds really good! I almost bought cranberries at Trader Joe’s. Now I wish I did.

That does look good! I've seen those Dutch oven recipes and have passed because I dont' need to buy one! I do often see ceramic coated cast iron ones at some good prices, even at Aldi. I might try my cast iron skillet though?
Can't wait to hear how it is inside- I often have underdone middles

I bet the cast iron would work. The dough is very soft and doesn’t hold its shape so not sure if it would be deep enough. Probably worth a try.

My daughter has a Dutch oven and she said I can borrow it. 😊

Just kidding lol.
It’s good! It’s definitely a bit dense, super soft but not doughy. It didn’t seem to rise much after I put it in the loaf pan but it did once it went into the oven. The crust is nice, crunchy and chewy at the same time. I want to see how it is toasted. I’m going to do it again in my daughter’s Dutch oven. Not today though.

I found a recipe on TikTok for focaccia. I definitely want to try that.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Just kidding lol.
It’s good! It’s definitely a bit dense, super soft but not doughy. It didn’t seem to rise much after I put it in the loaf pan but it did once it went into the oven. The crust is nice, crunchy and chewy at the same time. I want to see how it is toasted. I’m going to do it again in my daughter’s Dutch oven. Not today though.

I found a recipe on TikTok for focaccia. I definitely want to try that.
I'm glad it was good! And focaccia is so good, too. I haven't made that in ages.

Reactions: KLS52
A butternut & smoked tofu (coconut milk) curry made in the ip. I'm invited for lunch tomorrow and will bring it over. The person
will make some whole grain organic basmati rice and she'll also make an onion tart.
We'll be having apple crumble with oat cream for dessert.

There are so many things I want to make today now-but I have beans ready for chili, and probably make jalepano cornbread
I really really want to make this since I bought coconut and have coconut milk
I remember posting it on KLS52 birthday! Now for me! :grinning:

I don't have soy yogurt :argh:
I guess it'll be tomorrow.....:pout:
At least I stocked up on TJ's soy milk :up:

I wanna make it now- I've got silken tofu, I've got lemon juice, and a blender.....