What Did You Cook or Bake today?

yesterday we made pea soup - 4 cups of split yellow peas, bay leaves, lots of onion, carrots, celery - my honey was the official cook, if he hadn't been I would have put in potatoes too

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I have to give pea soup another chance. I've loathed it since I was a kid, most likely because my mom flavored it with ham and I despise ham.

Today I have made two batches of applesauce. I am going to freeze most of it, but I will be having some with my dinner tonight.
I might make an apple cake, too. Maybe that one KLS made. :)

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I have to give pea soup another chance. I've loathed it since I was a kid, most likely because my mom flavored it with ham and I despise ham.

Today I have made two batches of applesauce. I am going to freeze most of it, but I will be having some with my dinner tonight.
I might make an apple cake, too. Maybe that one KLS made. :)
I've never liked split pea with meat either. I used to make it with curry powder a lot. Always onions, celery, carrots and potatoes.
Now I use sage, thyme, black pepper and liquid smoke
I made it with cubes of ham seitan and didnt' like that either. I think it's a texture thing. I like mine super thick!

Making this pastrami seitan, with some adaptations of course. I added to the seasoning. I hope it's not too much!

put on a crock pot of beans overnight with onion, jalapeno, garlic in them and now have the base for lots of soup, breakfast beans and burritos - I am not sure why I don't do this every week or at least every second week, it is so simple and the beans are so tasty - I used a combo of 1/2 cup pinto, 1 1/2 cup navy and 1 1/2 cup northern

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
I didn't make anything on Thursday, but today I want to make an apple pie, hummus and maybe a tempeh dish.
Well, work interfered with my plans. :D But, I am marinating my tempeh for dinner and I will still have time to make the hummus. :) The pie might have to wait.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I roasted an acorn squash. The first piece I had I had spread, salt and pepper, and gagged. then I got a second part and just had salt and pepper, and thought it was pretty okay. I'd never be able to them without salt!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
A classic ratatouille made with vegetables from the local farm. Even the onions, pink garlic, plum tomatoes and fresh basil were grown locally. I also picked the fresh herbs ; rosemary, thyme and bay leaves in the nearby fields in my neighbourhood when I went on the school field trip.

I'm posting the recipe as Michel Roux who is a British/French chef makes it in the same manner as I do. Most people over cook it and add far too many tomatoes and herbs.

The only difference is that I use less evo as I make the ratatouille in a cast iron pan:

made my bean veggie soup last night from the crock beans I did the other day, normally I make it the same day but we had something else planned for dinner that night

I love making this soup because you can put in anything you like - yesterday's had... carrot, onion, parsnip, celery, potato, sweet potato, corn, jalapeno, some frozen green/yellow beans, can of diced tomatoes, veggie broth, miso, red pepper paste, chili peppers, and lots of spices including fennel and thyme.

There are enough leftovers that I have two large containers in the freezer and one larger container in the fridge that we will eat this week.

Emma JC

I made thin wholegrain spaghetti (my preferred whole grain regular spaghetti has not been in stock at the store a long while) with summer squash, cashews, cabbage, garlic, hummus, salsa, ground ginger, turmeric, cumin, Italian seasonings. Later today I will have potato cooked with cabbage and maybe seaweed, with hummus and salsa with the seasonings.