What Did You Cook or Bake today?

These are so good…amazing, actually.
Of course, I had to tweak it just a bit…absolutely no jalapeños, no thyme, no oregano. 🤢
I also made them very thin because I don’t like when it’s pasty inside.
I also added maybe a quarter cup of tofu that I had blended with just enough water for it to blend well. That helped hold it together. But they still fell apart when I cooked them. It doesn’t matter…they are so good. Will definitely be making these again.

Do you use the the same amount of dark lentils in the recipe?

Do you use the the same amount of dark lentils in the recipe?
Do you mean every time? I think I followed the recipe initially. I am known to "eyeball" measurements once I've made a recipe a few times.

Yes as the ones in the original pic seem to have a lot of lentils and your pic seems to have only quinoa.;)
I will pay attention next time I make them! Maybe the amount of lentils is the issue. 😊

I have made this vegan cheese recipe. It's cooling now, and I still have to chill it in the fridge before I can try it. I hope it's good, lol. I also made vegan ranch dressing and buffalo sauce, and I am about to make some seitan wings. All of this is for New Year's Eve. I'm having all sorts of apps for dinner tomorrow night.

I have made this vegan cheese recipe. It's cooling now, and I still have to chill it in the fridge before I can try it. I hope it's good, lol. I also made vegan ranch dressing and buffalo sauce, and I am about to make some seitan wings. All of this is for New Year's Eve. I'm having all sorts of apps for dinner tomorrow night.

Let us know whether it tastes like dairy. I think that most plant based cheezes are more like pate. :weary_face:

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
Let us know whether it tastes like dairy. I think that most plant based cheezes are more like pate. :weary_face:
Yes, I expect this to be more like a pate as well. I highly doubt it will taste like dairy or have the texture of soft cheese. I think most of the dairy-like recipes are a bit more work. :D That said, I think it might taste nice on crackers.

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W and shyvas
So, as I suspected, this is more like a spread. Also, it's kind of bland. Not really happy with it, so I probably will use it to make a pasta sauce or something. Definitely needs more oomph. And definitely not a keeper, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
So, as I suspected, this is more like a spread. Also, it's kind of bland. Not really happy with it, so I probably will use it to make a pasta sauce or something. Definitely needs more oomph. And definitely not a keeper, lol.

That`s what I was thinking by just looking at the recipe.

Like cashew butter? I did make this one, but felt pretty much the same.
I admit, adding sauerkraut really does amp the flavor,and I dislike it!. Of course omit the coconut oil.

Try mixing the blended cashews with plain soy yogurt. Line a sieve with cheesecloth or nutbag and let strain on the counter for a day. Add some lemon,, nooch. if you like.

Trying to think what bean or lentil dish I should make besides soup

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
That`s what I was thinking by just looking at the recipe.
I should have known better, lol. I am going to use it in a pasta sauce or something. I could mix it with some store-bought vegan cheddar and make mac and cheese. :) It also might taste better if I let it sit another day. We'll see.

Like cashew butter? I did make this one, but felt pretty much the same.
I admit, adding sauerkraut really does amp the flavor,and I dislike it!. Of course omit the coconut oil.

Try mixing the blended cashews with plain soy yogurt. Line a sieve with cheesecloth or nutbag and let strain on the counter for a day. Add some lemon,, nooch. if you like.

Trying to think what bean or lentil dish I should make besides soup
No, more like a soft cheese spread. I've seen that recipe you linked, but I didn't want the coconut oil, either, so I didn't try it. I will find one I like, though. That will be my mission. I ended up going to Divine Treasures and picked up some herbed vegan cheese.