What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I may try the chia seeds like @Emma JC suggested. It can’t hurt. Maybe chia will hold it together better. I can’t think of what else…maybe aquafaba?

Reactions: Emma JC
I could also do more tofu…that usually cooks up firm when I purée it. I’ve made quiches before and it solidifies really well. Maybe I just didn’t use enough the first time.

Good idea on the stuffed peppers! I haven't done that, or stuffed cabbage, in so long!
I could also do more tofu…that usually cooks up firm when I purée it. I’ve made quiches before and it solidifies really well. Maybe I just didn’t use enough the first time.
Tofu would be my option. The only 'loaf' I liked (besides one I made with vwg...) is Rip Esselstyns, and it's the tofu that keeps it from being mushy.
I need to look that one up

Still deciding what to make :shrug: I got a wfpb recipe book from library, and nothing is appealing to me :worried:

Reactions: KLS52
This is a bad sign…I feel like I’m starting to overeat on food now. I think it’s the time of year. I need to be careful or I’ll gain back the ten pounds I lost!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
This is a bad sign…I feel like I’m starting to overeat on food now. I think it’s the time of year. I need to be careful or I’ll gain back the ten pounds I lost!
:worried: Me too
I keep trying to get back to healthier eating, esp with my arthritis flaring up so badly. My index finger even swelled up! I just want nothing but the foods I like, now even eating Impossible burgers
I used to be one of those who said "give up the oil and salt and processed foods. Your tastebuds adjust in a couple weeks and those foods will taste so bad you won't want them" yap yap yap yap.......:ignore:

I added some soy chorizo to the beans, the rest of the crushed tomatoes, and made corn bread
Corn bread may or may not be ok since I discovered i was short corn bread, used creamed corn without a recipe, and ended up having to add flour until it looked like the right consistency.

I used breadcrumbs…I HATE pasty and that always seems to happen when I use oats. These are crumbly but I love that they are dry/crispy…I know it sounds weird. It’s hard to explain. I’m just really excited about them. They will easily go in a bun with no problem. But I did do the second batch all crumbly in the pan and decided it will make for an excellent stuffed pepper! So now I’m going to run to the store and get the red/yellow peppers and stuff a few. I’m beyond happy/satisfied with this recipe even though it’s a failure as actual burgers.

I watched someone make cabbage rolls the other day on Youtube and thought that that is another cool way to eat those types of ingredients. If you google vegan cabbage rolls there are some amazing recipes.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Waffle maker! I had purchased a mini one...I bet I could cook the burgers in the waffle maker...with the just egg...like a lentil quinoa omelette! 😂 😜 :smile:

• Haha
I'm going to make zucchini banana chocolate chip muffins. And maybe some seitan. It's been a while since I made that as I have been so hooked on soy curls (and still am, haha).

Awww...I found a different ginger biscotti recipe, so I tried it.
I luv the ginger biscotti from Isa', but I thought I should see how these were, as it was pretty different. Not good. I can't pin point what it is about the taste, too much spice besides ginger for sure, and I doubled the ginger! They're def more "rusk" than Isas are. I can eat those without dipping.
This is the recipe I would avoid:
Takes baking soda instead of powder too

Isas are from the Vegan Cookies Invade your cookie jar book

I made chocolate bark last night as I watched Derek from Simnett Nutrition make it on his channel yesterday - basically melt chocolate chips and then mix it together with a bunch of stuff and then put in the freezer for a bit - he used 1.5 cups of chocolate chips and I used 3/4s of a cup. I also added a ton more stuff than he did - pretzels, lots of different nuts, pumpkin seeds, Shreddies etc - also a 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint oil and a bit of salt - he put candy cane on top, I didn't - result was just okay IMO and way too sweet for me to each anything more than 1 square inch of it. My honey really liked it and has no choc/rev limiter so he would eat 6 square inches if I didn't hide it.

In the past I have had a snack of nuts/pretzels/shreddies etc and mixed a few whole chocolate chips in with it .... I will do that again in the future as once you melt them it is very difficult to control the amount you eat.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I put some Russett potatoes in my slow cooker last night at ~6:15 PM on low. I turned it off around 2:30 AM (I had to get up for something anyway) and left everything in the cooker. This morning I had two perfectly-cooked, slightly warm potatoes for breakfast, along with other stuff. I put the rest in the fridge after they had cooled still further.