What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I'm on a roll...I made spring roll filling. Cabbage slaw, tofu, edamame, Bragg's amino acids. I have vegan wrappers that I may try in the air fryer. Otherwise I can eat the filling as is. Only three points for a serving of the filling. An additional two points if I use the wrapper. It will be nice if it works well in the air fryer.

IMG_8990.jpeg

@KLS52 THAT'S the brand of jarred "buillon" I bought- "Better Than Buillon" (vegetarian flavor?... they had at least two other meat-flavored varieties). And yes- it's very high in sodium/salt, which is why I didn't add as much as I probably would have enjoyed.

ETA: I'm glad the air-frying worked out. That spring roll filling looks delish!

ETAA: @Raven: my nephew's wife made a grilled cauliflower "steak" for me at my family's holiday get-together. I enjoyed it.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I made some spicy Asian peanut sauce. I'm trying to make meals with what's on hand, so I cooked some rice ramen noodles and mixed them in with the peanut sauce. Then I added shelled edamame, peas and Aldi meatless balls from the freezer along with fresh spinach (which I did buy yesterday) and chopped roasted peanuts. It was tasty!

I made some spicy Asian peanut sauce. I'm trying to make meals with what's on hand, so I cooked some rice ramen noodles and mixed them in with the peanut sauce. Then I added shelled edamame, peas and Aldi meatless balls from the freezer along with fresh spinach (which I did buy yesterday) and chopped roasted peanuts. It was tasty!
I love spicy peanut sauce! Sounds really good.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm on a roll...I made spring roll filling. Cabbage slaw, tofu, edamame, Bragg's amino acids. I have vegan wrappers that I may try in the air fryer. Otherwise I can eat the filling as is. Only three points for a serving of the filling. An additional two points if I use the wrapper. It will be nice if it works well in the air fryer.

View attachment 30343
That looks delicious! I need to make spring rolls. I've never made them. I also could eat that filling with some rice. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
That looks so good! Are the chickpeas roasted? I just posted reading a tip to coat with corn starch to make them crispier.
I tried roasting chickpeas but they never come out good. Same with air fried. They come out dry and chewy. With the oven, I can leave them in longer and slow roast until they get really crispy but then they can be too hard. 😞

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I tried roasting chickpeas but they never come out good. Same with air fried. They come out dry and chewy. With the oven, I can leave them in longer and slow roast until they get really crispy but then they can be too hard. 😞

Mine come out crispy every time. I absolutely love them when they are air fried.

Reactions: KLS52
The chickpeas were cooked in a skillet and coated with miso paste and then some nooch and garlic powder
That sounds really nice. I have all those ingredients so I might make that later!

I think I will buy cornstarch too in my next shop.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
@PTree15 --made the chocolate & peanut-butter-tunnel bundt cake! Man, you weren't kidding when you said it's involved :eek:. What a mess I was making :joy:. I had cocoa powder, chocolate slurry, batter...everywhere. I'm also already feeling the sugar buzz just from tasting :ignore:.
If I make it again I'll def remember to mix the slurry with the milk mixture, as that was a mess in itself.
I'll post the results

Reactions: Emma JC
@PTree15 --made the chocolate & peanut-butter-tunnel bundt cake! Man, you weren't kidding when you said it's involved :eek:. What a mess I was making :joy:. I had cocoa powder, chocolate slurry, batter...everywhere. I'm also already feeling the sugar buzz just from tasting :ignore:.
If I make it again I'll def remember to mix the slurry with the milk mixture, as that was a mess in itself.
I'll post the results
Oh, excellent! I so hope you enjoy it. It does make a mess in the kitchen, but at least you get to lick lots of pans between the batter, the filling and the ganaches, hehe!

• Haha
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
Oh, excellent! I so hope you enjoy it. It does make a mess in the kitchen, but at least you get to lick lots of pans between the batter, the filling and the ganaches, hehe!
That peanut butter filling :lick: . Bet that would great piped into cupcakes. I used an old bread bag to pipe it--wasn't a great idea
What's the point of heating the milk and cocoa to boiling though? That was the fussiest part of the recipe

Last edited: