What Did You Cook or Bake today?

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
Except for deli slices/gyro seitan I always use blended tofu in my seitan. I don't like chickpea flour-I totally taste the difference

Reactions: KLS52

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
an overnight crockpot of beans just finished cooking ... pinto and navy this time - not sure why I don't do this every week... gonna be bean veggie tomato soup tonight

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
had some cornmeal that I hadn't used from my 'stash' so decided to make vegan johnny cake / cornbread - it was so simple and easy and it was delicious - I used frozen corn that had jalapeno mixed in with it and that added a nice extra punch, put a bit of vegan butter on top while it was still warm and ate with our spaghetti - have leftovers!

Vegan Johnny Cake

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15

PTree15

Guru
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Happiest of Birthdays to Mom and Dad PTree! 😍
Awww, thank you. I had nice visits with both of them over the past two days. :) (And they loved the scones. :) )

I made a batch of seitan and two batches of black bean burgers. I will freeze most of the burgers. I like to have them on hand for something quick at home and for when I go to the beach. I'm thinking of making more scones, but I need a little break before I start work tonight. We'll see. My kitchen still needs cleaning.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm making a pizza margherita. The dough is proving and the oven is nearly hot enough. I'm having a very early dinner today :

1620565310346.png

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked some Penzeys Turkish seasoning so will make a gyro seitan. This time I'm gonna let it rest overnight, and day, and see if that doesn't produce a more shreddy texture without any kneading
Also making the Better Buffalo cheese with the last of my cashews :pensive:

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Nothing exciting. I'm cooking some small potatoes and cauliflower florets in my pressure cooker.I'm going to have
a warmish potato & cauliflower salad for dinner.

Reactions: Emma JC

feather

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm baking bread this morning. I think I want two batches of two loaves, in sub bun shapes. Then, all the frozen bread will get dehydrated and ground into crumbs to use in breading vegetables.

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm baking bread this morning. I think I want two batches of two loaves, in sub bun shapes. Then, all the frozen bread will get dehydrated and ground into crumbs to use in breading vegetables.

I love baking with yeast. I was also planning to make a no knead loaf today but sadly had a change of plan.:)

Reactions: feather