What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Except for deli slices/gyro seitan I always use blended tofu in my seitan. I don't like chickpea flour-I totally taste the difference

Reactions: KLS52
an overnight crockpot of beans just finished cooking ... pinto and navy this time - not sure why I don't do this every week... gonna be bean veggie tomato soup tonight

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
Happiest of Birthdays to Mom and Dad PTree! 😍

had some cornmeal that I hadn't used from my 'stash' so decided to make vegan johnny cake / cornbread - it was so simple and easy and it was delicious - I used frozen corn that had jalapeno mixed in with it and that added a nice extra punch, put a bit of vegan butter on top while it was still warm and ate with our spaghetti - have leftovers!

Vegan Johnny Cake

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Happiest of Birthdays to Mom and Dad PTree! 😍
Awww, thank you. I had nice visits with both of them over the past two days. :) (And they loved the scones. :) )

I made a batch of seitan and two batches of black bean burgers. I will freeze most of the burgers. I like to have them on hand for something quick at home and for when I go to the beach. I'm thinking of making more scones, but I need a little break before I start work tonight. We'll see. My kitchen still needs cleaning.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I'm making a pizza margherita. The dough is proving and the oven is nearly hot enough. I'm having a very early dinner today :

1620565310346.png

I just picked some Penzeys Turkish seasoning so will make a gyro seitan. This time I'm gonna let it rest overnight, and day, and see if that doesn't produce a more shreddy texture without any kneading
Also making the Better Buffalo cheese with the last of my cashews :pensive:

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Nothing exciting. I'm cooking some small potatoes and cauliflower florets in my pressure cooker.I'm going to have
a warmish potato & cauliflower salad for dinner.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm baking bread this morning. I think I want two batches of two loaves, in sub bun shapes. Then, all the frozen bread will get dehydrated and ground into crumbs to use in breading vegetables.

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I'm baking bread this morning. I think I want two batches of two loaves, in sub bun shapes. Then, all the frozen bread will get dehydrated and ground into crumbs to use in breading vegetables.

I love baking with yeast. I was also planning to make a no knead loaf today but sadly had a change of plan.:)

Reactions: feather