What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I made oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday, and nothing so far today, but I will make cranberry sauce. I wanted to make muffins with the cranberries, but I realized I didn't have orange juice, so no muffins. I'm not ready to brave the stores again for just one item. I plan on using it on vegan chik'n tender sandwiches and having a scoop at dinner all week.

Reactions: Emma JC
that looks amazing - do you have a recipe?

Emma JC

Sort of. You don't know me very well but I don't usually follow recipes. I will have to find the link for the proportions and tell you what I did, which is never following it to the letter. :D BTW, if you like rustic whole grain bread, you'll love it as it tastes fabulous.

Reactions: Emma JC
@Emma JC

Here is the link and here is how I made the loaf :

I made a blend of organic flour using whole wheat, spelt, chickpea, masa. You can use a blend with just 2 different types.
I also added some quinoa, sunflower seeds, ground linseed, chia seeds, bran and some nutritional l yeast.
I added one tbs of evo to the warm water and used Lo salt instead of table salt.

I only kneaded the dough once after the first rise. I did not follow the method in the recipe.

Baking time approx 30 mins at 210 °C fan. I always place a baking tin of water in the bottom of the oven so that
there is plenty of steam in the oven.

This bread doesn't keep well so I place it into a clean tea towel and the following day, slice it and freeze the slices.
Either toast or defrost and it'll be good as freshly baked.

@Emma JC

Here is the link and here is how I made the loaf :

I made a blend of organic flour using whole wheat, spelt, chickpea, masa. You can use a blend with just 2 different types.
I also added some quinoa, sunflower seeds, ground linseed, chia seeds, bran and some nutritional l yeast.
I added one tbs of evo to the warm water and used Lo salt instead of table salt.

I only kneaded the dough once after the first rise. I did not follow the method in the recipe.

Baking time approx 30 mins at 210 °C fan. I always place a baking tin of water in the bottom of the oven so that
there is plenty of steam in the oven.

This bread doesn't keep well so I place it into a clean tea towel and the following day, slice it and freeze the slices.
Either toast or defrost and it'll be good as freshly baked.
Nooch added to the dough-I never thought to try that!

I made a nooch sauce with cashews, for mac & chese. I really want to call it something else, as its nothing like cheese. i really wanted to use Daiya.
it was good though

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Nooch added to the dough-I never thought to try that!

I made a nooch sauce with cashews, for mac & chese. I really want to call it something else, as its nothing like cheese. i really wanted to use Daiya.
it was good though

Mac & Chew ? :D

Nutritional yeast can be used in baking ; scones (biscuits) bread and also when making savoury pancakes etc. It gives a nice taste but really doesn't taste like cheese.

I have some frozen rhubarb so will make some crumble for tonight's dessert. :D
I so love rhubarb!

I'm going to make a few things today: hummus, cranberry sauce (which I was going to make the other day, but I didn't) and barbecued tofu. I also might make scones with dried cranberries and raisins...or maybe drop biscuits. Hmm, my list is getting long. I better get to it!

I so love rhubarb!

I'm going to make a few things today: hummus, cranberry sauce (which I was going to make the other day, but I didn't) and barbecued tofu. I also might make scones with dried cranberries and raisins...or maybe drop biscuits. Hmm, my list is getting long. I better get to it!

PTree's bakery. You really should do an air B&B. :D

Yes, love rhubarb. :)

PTree's bakery. You really should do an air B&B. :D

Yes, love rhubarb. :)
LOL, it would be so fun to cook for groups of people like that.
I also just steamed all of the broccoli I bought the other day and sautéed most of the kale. I chopped some of the broccoli and froze that for future use in a pot pie. I will eat the rest with my meals this week. I saved some of the kale for salad. I will mix it with iceberg lettuce for extra crunch. Off to make the barbecue sauce. :)

I'm on the team! 🙋‍♀️ 🤩
Oh, me too!!!
Supposed to be so easy to grow. Mine wasn't. Last year it got leaves, then stopped growing.
I forgot this is rhubarbs short season, and I haven't gone to the store I would buy it from...
It is rhubarb season right? Hadn't seen it at the produce market
I just want to buy a strawberry rhubarb pie.
Anyone know a frozen one that's vegan? Sara Lee?

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Oh, me too!!!
Supposed to be so easy to grow. Mine wasn't. Last year it got leaves, then stopped growing.
I forgot this is rhubarbs short season, and I haven't gone to the store I would buy it from...
It is rhubarb season right? Hadn't seen it at the produce market
I just want to buy a strawberry rhubarb pie.
Anyone know a frozen one that's vegan? Sara Lee?
Lol, i'm not the one who can tell you when it's rhubarb season, because we plant rhubarb only in June, not earlier (rarely - in the end of May). If it gets frostbitten by accidental May frosts - its roots will be damaged permanently.

Last edited:
Baking chocolate banana bread!

I "cheated" I am using the Kodiak whole grain chocolate cake mix. But I added two mashed bananas, olive oil, oat milk, and some aquafaba (drained from the chickpeas used in my chickpea "tuna" salad I'm refrigerating overnight for tomorrow's meals) for the egg.

Also, if you want the chickpea tuna-style recipe:

1 can chickpeas, drained (mashed up if desired but also fine whole)
1/4 diced red onion
1-2 strips of sandwich dill pickle, chopped (this would be a few pickle chips,or maybe 1/2 a large whole pickle)
A little of the pickle juice
1 tbsp tahini
1-2 heaping tablespoons of vegan mayo
salt 'n pepper to taste (I tend to go heavy handed on the black pepper for this)
1 juice of a lime, squeezed
Bragg's Sea Kelp Delight** generously shaken, (**this is the MAGIC ingredient, only something like dried dulse would be a good replacement)

Optional:

Sprinkle of flax or chia seeds
Chopped olives or capers

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight for best results before eating on bread, in a green salad, or by itself with crackers or chips