What did you cook or Bake today?

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
today I took a favourite recipe and made it as muffins.... so basically a pancake mix, that athleticavocado.com turned into Baked Lemony Pancake Bars and which I turned into Baked Lemony Pancake Muffins... the funny thing is that my honey isn't very fond of the Bars and that is why I made them in muffin form, added a few walnuts and he loved them!! lol

Emma JC

Baked Lemony Pancake Berry Bars

INGREDIENTS
  • one and a half (1.5) cups of pancake mix
  • one flax egg or 3 tablespoons of aquafaba (see above)
  • one half (1/2) cup of applesauce
  • one third (1/3) cup of plant based milk (original, unsweetened preferred)
  • three (3) tablespoons of pure maple syrup (Canadian preferred)
  • two (2) tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh or bottled
  • one and a half (1.5) cups of fresh or frozen berries (make sure there are some blueberries, we love the blueberry, raspberry and blackberry mix
ASSEMBLY

• line a 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper and turn the oven to 350 degrees
  • put the pancake mix in a bowl then use a the two cup measuring cup to mix the milk, egg substitute, applesauce, maple syrup and lemon juice together and then add to the pancake mix, combining well
  • add the berries and stir again then place in pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
today I took a favourite recipe and made it as muffins.... so basically a pancake mix, that athleticavocado.com turned into Baked Lemony Pancake Bars and which I turned into Baked Lemony Pancake Muffins... the funny thing is that my honey isn't very fond of the Bars and that is why I made them in muffin form, added a few walnuts and he loved them!! lol

Emma JC

INGREDIENTS

• one and a half (1.5) cups of fresh or frozen berries (make sure there are some blueberries, we love the blueberry, raspberry and blackberry mix
ASSEMBLY

• line a 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper and turn the oven to 350 degrees
  • put the pancake mix in a bowl then use a the two cup measuring cup to mix the milk, egg substitute, applesauce, maple syrup and lemon juice together and then add to the pancake mix, combining well
  • add the berries and stir again then place in pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
This is perfect...I was looking for something to do with pancake mix other than make pancakes.

• 👍
Reactions: Val and Emma JC

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
we ate all but two of them yesterday, which is normal for a batch of pancakes - for dessert last night (we had popcorn for main course) we took two each and broke them up a little, in a bowl, added peanut butter ice cream, more blueberries, a few peanuts and then poured a drizzle of maple syrup over the whole thing - outstanding!!

the other two we had after our smoothie this morning - he has asked me to make more.... and to add a bit of baking soda so they puff up more

Emma JC

PTree15

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I made more flatbread, and I want to make chocolate chip scones.

• 👍
Reactions: Val

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score

Emma JC

INGREDIENTS

ASSEMBLY

That came at a great time! My son bought pancake mix, but rarely uses it, the last thing I found bugs in was his old box of pancake mix-so I want this one gone soon!
I even have fresh blueberries now

• 😍
  • 👍
Reactions: Emma JC and Val

Val

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Watch out!:rofl: Unghshu has made a weirdest thing: soy goulash in cayenne salsa and sumac sauce. Looks creepy, yet tastes quite decent (especially for a person who's making it for the first time, lol). I really hope that it's more edible than it seems, and i'm not gonna get poisoned.🤣🤣🤣
IMG_20200515_004138.jpg

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I have a thread around here with bread making difficulties...making a truly whole grain (risen) bread. I finally figured out that the "whole grain" breads I have bought in the past weren't truly "wholegrain" for a reason. Often gluten or white flour was added. So I started making whole grains with 3/4 whole wheat flour and 1/4 white flour to boost the gluten/protein content. They've been doing well. Without the extra gluten/protein, the breads are often too dense and don't rise well.

So on a whim, I decided to nix the white flour and try Tahini instead for extra protein content. To my surprise, the bread came out wonderfully - risen, not too dense, and fluffy. Even though I wrote down the proportions of ingredients, I did it after mixing, and I was a little tipsy...so I have to try again to make sure - but I am encouraged that I can do it now without using white flour at all, and instead a different whole food source for an over-all product that is more nutritious.

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a thread around here with bread making difficulties...making a truly whole grain (risen) bread. I finally figured out that the "whole grain" breads I have bought in the past weren't truly "wholegrain" for a reason. Often gluten or white flour was added. So I started making whole grains with 3/4 whole wheat flour and 1/4 white flour to boost the gluten/protein content. They've been doing well. Without the extra gluten/protein, the breads are often too dense and don't rise well.

So on a whim, I decided to nix the white flour and try Tahini instead for extra protein content. To my surprise, the bread came out wonderfully - risen, not too dense, and fluffy. Even though I wrote down the proportions of ingredients, I did it after mixing, and I was a little tipsy...so I have to try again to make sure - but I am encouraged that I can do it now without using white flour at all, and instead a different whole food source for an over-all product that is more nutritious.
That's quite interesting! I knew to add vital wheat gluten to whole grain flour, but never heard of adding tahini! I still have half a jar, because I really don't like it, but I think it would add a good taste to bread.
I have made some interesting foods while tipsy that have never been recreated!

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
I made a very easy recipe for seitan steaks. Just 1 cup soy milk, no beef boulion and seasoning, 1 1/2 cups vwg, mix-no knead, then slice and saute, then simmer in broth an hour. Much like how I used to do seitan! Made a mushroom gravy and sauted some veggies
The kind of food I tend to over eat ...:confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
betiPT What did you Cook or Bake Today? Food & Drink 141
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2018) Food & Drink 289
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2016) Food & Drink 63
spottygiraffe Did going vegan make you a better cook? General 42
shyvas Did You Know ? Lounge 57
Peaceful I did it for my health General 5
Sax How did you transition? General 31
conVEctionery Product Did someone say vegan kit kats?! Marketplace 0
B Pig Portraits I did for a sanctuary Marketplace 0
A Went vegan and husband did not Relationships 6
ski Cbd oil uk anyone use it and if so did you see improvements that cbd oil claims to do ? Products 1
Hedgewitch Did you know how polymer money is made? General 2
amberfunk What did you have for lunch? Food & Drink 988
Damo What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today? Food & Drink 1109
T Question How did Leslie Cross die? Ask Us a Question! 13
U News Did you receive support from your family when becoming vegan? General 10
U Did you family and friends support you being a Vegan? General 14
bratvada Did you order a takeaway? Food & Drink 4
T Space Sciences Did anyone see the Leonid meteors last night? Science & Technology 3
Damo How did you find us? Lounge 8
Clueless Git Did ya miss me, Yeah! When I was away ... ? Lounge 13
Blaine How long did it take to transition? Transitioning 7
beancounter Life Sciences Brontosaurus - scientists rule dinosaur did exist Science & Technology 5
Blobbenstein Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not. General Discussion 6
Alexia Why did you choose to become a vegan or vegetarian? General 19
Indian Summer News Did Hillary Clinton break the rules by using personal email account? General Discussion 7
beancounter Article: I Liked Everything I Saw on Facebook for Two Days. Here’s What It Did to Me Lounge 11
Blobbenstein How did avocados evolve? General Discussion 1
SummerRain What age did you go vegetarian? Lounge 46
Amy SF Did you have an imaginary friend... Lounge 32
das_nut US Did PostSecret post a murder confession? General Discussion 1
Blobbenstein Why did some branches of the human race become lactose tolerant? General Discussion 11
Indian Summer Did the Nazis have a secret base in Antarctica? General Discussion 7
Indian Summer How did you find Veggie Views? Introduce Yourself 47
D Thanks, London... you did a great job! (Olympics) UK & Eire 0
U Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona General Discussion 31
Mel Literature What did you read as a child/teen? Media & Entertainment 42
sallyomally How did your fur baby (babies) come to be named? Animals 21
beancounter Spell check. Where did it go? Suggestions & Bugs 1
Veggiemama Were you raised vegetarian? Did your parents give you a choice? The Vegetarian Forum 52
D Space Sciences Did anyone see the Venus transit? Science & Technology 8
P Germany-I'm a vegetarian and cook Indian vegetarian dishes Marketplace 2
F Please cook this and tell me if it makes you sleepy. Recipes 13
R Product Awesome Free Vegan cook book Marketplace 1
mavrick45 Should i enter a chili cook-off? General 11
MadamSarcastra Beat-the-winter-blues Communal Cook-Fest! Food & Drink 101
Cere Newbie vegan on a budget, newbie cook on a budget, advice? Transitioning 3
FreakyFreekeh Want to buy a non-american vegetarian diabetic cook book The Vegetarian Forum 27
MadamSarcastra VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016 Food & Drink 138
MadamSarcastra What about a communal cook-fest?? (May 21st) Food & Drink 84