What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I haven't had lemon curd in a long time. I used to love it when my mum made lemon curd tarts.

Same here.
I was the one that used to bake them as I started baking when I was very young. I have a plant based recipe for lemon curd and it's
quite good. Nothing like the real thing but it does taste good when making tarts.

All of these memories are heartwarming. I had a lovely conversation with a good friend last night. We enjoyed talking about the good old days.

Found it! The is the recipe that I followed using organic lemons :

• Love
Reactions: Val and Brian W
Found it! The is the recipe that I followed using organic lemons :

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:hug:

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
Just made cranberry scones! First time I've made scones, they came out well.
I did make a mistake with margarine. When I've gone to the store they've been out of Country Crock plant butter, both tub and stick, so I picked up Imperial, thinking I'd read it was vegan. Well, not only is it not vegan, it's pretty salty! I used it. Just add that to the reason I don't say I'm vegan....

When I was a Publix yesterday, all the plant butters were gone! I was shocked! I usually get I can't believe it's not butter vegan version.
Yeah, what's that all about! I've gone to 3 different stores in the last couple weeks or whatever, and they've been gone in every one! Well, they did have Earth Balance, but I didn't want to spend $5 on their sticks

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Earth Balance is way too expensive and I don't even like it that much. I don't know why plant butters got so popular all of a sudden! Or perhaps the "real" stuff sold out and people just had no choice.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Earth Balance is way too expensive and I don't even like it that much. I don't know why plant butters got so popular all of a sudden! Or perhaps the "real" stuff sold out and people just had no choice.
Glad you said that, I haven't had it in years, and don't remember liking it very much.
I haven't had Can't believe it's not butter, but the Country Crock plant butter almond oil is great! It was a special so I jumped on it! They do have $1 off on their site, which I can't get because I'm out of printer ink 🙄

I tried the Country Crock once but it is a smaller container so ends up being more expensive, unless you have a coupon of course! I will see if that coupon is still available.

I have a romaine lettuce from over a week ago that I thought I should start using so I wanted to make caesar salad dressing - the recipe I found suggested making it from hummus, I don't have any hummus so had to make that first - finally finished up the dressing and the romaine leaves are hanging from the cupboard door dripping - now I have to make some croutons and then it will all be ready to go with Saturday night aglio olio
phew

Emma JC