What did you cook or Bake today? (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made seasoned tvp with tofu scramble not taking into account how much it makes! I won't do it again, I like those things separetly

Brown ones are deep fried tofu pouches, very yummy!
I tried to show my friends that there’s a lot of variety possible with vegan sushi. Fillings included Tempura style seitan “pulled pork”, vegan omelette, natto (fermented soy bean), kimchi, wakame (seaweed) salad, takuan (marinated radish), chili oil bamboo shoots, miso marinated tempeh, and, of course, avocado and cucumber. But we tried to make many different fillings to have some variety.

I made a huge pizza! :drool: LOL

MyVeganZa.JPG

Brushed thin crust with olive oil, applied organic sauce, Daiya mozzarella shreds, baby spinach, an herbed-up mix of chopped onion/green pepper/red pepper, organic green olives, & a bit more Daiya.... and I sprinkled some of my walnut-parm on it after I took the pic. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Andy_T
I made the most amazing chili and I’m annoyed because it’s one of those times when I didn’t pay attention to what I did so probably won’t be able to recreate it. I used crumbles that I had in the freezer, sautéed onion, added the leftover pasta sauce that I had in the fridge, a little bit of puréed fire roasted tomatoes, also leftover, needed more liquid so added some veggie broth, then threw in small red kidney beans. Sprinkled chili powder, garlic, ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, dry mustard ( :shrug: ), and only simmered about 30 minutes. Amazing, lol.

Reactions: Val
Oh and turmeric and cayenne pepper.
I don’t even like half of those spices on their own, if you can taste them. But using sparingly, less than what a recipe would call for, seems to work for me. They blend and don’t stand out as any one flavor.

Reactions: PTree15
@KLS52 I hate it when that happens (dream up a great recipe and forget how it went).

I finally made white rice somewhat successfully in my crock pot: I heated the water first on high, then added the rice. I stirred it a few times during cooking. It came out reasonably well- not perfect because I cooked it too long. If I had turned the heat off when the water was 80% or more absorbed I think it would have been better.

I hate cleaning a crockpot- I can't just dunk it in the sink. But I just rinsed it out when the rice was cooled, put the rice in the fridge, and promptly started some white beans in it.

Last edited:
I really want @MadamSarcastra s pizza :D
I have potatoes cooking in the Instant Pot with no chik'n broth and rosemary. Gonna mash with some garlic I roasted.
will probably just eat a lot of 'taters! :eek:

Reactions: PTree15
I made a batch of seitan and pan-fried a couple of pieces for dinner. Sometimes I want just a simple meal. I had steamed carrots, a baked potato and a salad with it. I might make hummus and chickpea salad in a bit.

Reactions: KLS52
I can’t stop eating the American Flatbread Vegan Harvest Pizza.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
You guys need to stop, you're making me hungry :drool:

I haven't actually cooked a lot today, the only hot thing I've eaten was two BBQ "chicken" wraps that I made for lunch. But I do currently have a batch of gluten-free vegan chocolate marshmallow brownies in the oven (to cheer up a gluten-intolerant mate that I'm seeing tomorrow).

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
You guys need to stop, you're making me hungry :drool:

I haven't actually cooked a lot today, the only hot thing I've eaten was two BBQ "chicken" wraps that I made for lunch. But I do currently have a batch of gluten-free vegan chocolate marshmallow brownies in the oven (to cheer up a gluten-intolerant mate that I'm seeing tomorrow).
Hi! Miss you! :wave: Is your bakery still rockin'? :)

I don't know if I would want to stop.
It’s crazy...I don’t understand why it’s so good, lol!
I have it for breakfast instead of toast with my tofu scramble and for lunch with soup and dinner with a salad. :lick:

Yesterday I made a chickpea salad with fresh tomato and bell peppers. It was pretty good, except the dressing was too acidic. I'll use less vinegar next time.

Then I made the soup that I only make in the spring or summer: garlicky leek and artichoke soup served with a dollop of basil pesto and crusty bread on the side. It doesn't really look like spring outside, but it will be soon enough, so yeah. Time for spring-inspired dishes!

Making my chili again...let’s see if I come close to last week’s batch. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I made a double-batch of chickpea salad (with onion, celery & my vegan ranch)....

ChickpeaSaladX2.JPG

And I made a double-batch of roasted cauliflower "cheese" sauce (with soymilk, a little lemon juice, lots of nooch, spices, etc.)....

Roasted Cauliflower.JPG
Cauli-Cheese1.JPG
Cauli-Cheese2.JPG

I made an Italian style rice dish. Sauteed onions and garlic, then aded rice, green olives, black olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, peas. I used the juice from the olives and artichokes as part of the broth for cooking the rice, as well as some of the oil from the sundried tomatoes, and typically Italian herbs. Topped with vegan Parmesan.

Status
Not open for further replies.