What are you craving?

There isn't anything around these parts that comes close to it, though I haven't tried Three Girls Vegan Creamery's pizza. Have you had that @KLS52? I want to try their food, but the prices put me off. I considered ordering online, but the prices were too much for me. <sigh>
I did have it one time. They make their own mozzarella and while the taste is good the texture is soft and not anything like dairy mozzarella, sadly. So it does not satisfy the pizza craving for me.

Edited to add: I also have not liked any of their meat analogs (is that the correct word?). I did not like their crab cakes but I did like the clam strips which were made with mushrooms. Those were really good but then they are fried so what isn't good when it's fried lol.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
Oddly enough, I have enjoyed English muffin pizzas made with Daiya shreds. Maybe I should just make them again. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: PTree15
Oh how I miss the pizza I remember from years and years ago :rofl:Can't even blame it on the cheese-pizza just doesn't hit like it used to,, and every place is very unreliable.
I do make a killer crust. My favorite way is spread it out after an initial hour rise, let rise another 30 min, smear with v mayo with roasted garlic mashed in, (or Del Fratelli fire roasted pizza sauce :kissing_heart:) Vilolife shreds, then top with Trader Joes frozen mushroom medley. Some spinach or basil if I have them.
Or Beyond sausage hot Italian
But that's not like pizza of old days...

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I did gave it one time. They make their own mozzarella and while the taste is good the texture is soft and not anything like dairy mozzarella, sadly. So it does not satisfy the pizza craving for me.

Edited to add: I also have not liked any of their meat analogs (is that the correct word?). I did not like their crab cakes but I did like the clam strips which were made with mushrooms. Those were really good but then they are fried so what isn't good when it's fried lol.
Interesting about the meat analogs. I was curious about their chik'n dishes/sandwiches. I don't think I'd like the clam strips made with mushrooms. <sigh>

Reactions: KLS52
I did have it one time. They make their own mozzarella and while the taste is good the texture is soft and not anything like dairy mozzarella, sadly. So it does not satisfy the pizza craving for me.

Same here (mostly)! I had a vegan pizza with vegan "cheese" ("cheez?), but the "cheese" texture was wrong and it didn't have a cheesy taste either. I liked it and I'd still order it again- but I wouldn't offer it to non-vegan friends. I'm afraid it would give them the idea that vegan food can never taste anything like the animal-derived foods most of us grew up enjoying, and they'd balk at trying vegan analog foods again.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
That sounds really tasty, but I have never seen "medium" tofu in the stores. I'm wondering if that is just firm, rather than extra firm. I have seen firm.
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen medium for some time. I think last at Fresh Thyme, their own brand. It's just not pressed as much, and really Aldi firm is close enough to a medium tofu

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen medium for some time. I think last at Fresh Thyme, their own brand. It's just not pressed as much, and really Aldi firm is close enough to a medium tofu
Good to know, thank you.

Cashew cheesecake. I'd make it but I really really want a crust
I have a box of Gefen vegan raspberry jel and want to mix it with a combo of cashew creme and soy yogurt and pour over a pretzel crust.
Or layer the cashew/agar mix with the jel and strawberries like the old strawberry pretzel dessert (anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Reactions: SuicideBlonde