What are you craving?

Ooooh yes, chocolate ice cream squashed between a couple of vegan cookies!
Unfortunately that is not going to help me lose weight!

• Haha
Reactions: Raven
Kaiserschmarrn! I tend to get sweet tooth just about as often as I get involved in political discussions, but at the moment I wouldn't say "no, thank you" if someone suddenly offered me a vegan version of this fine ol'school thing. (No political debates while eating, of course, I've already had my yearly ration of that.)

May I interest you in my "Palatschinken" recipe?

Should work out for Kaiserschmarrn as well, I guess, if you add some raisins ....

Reactions: deadknight
May I interest you in my "Palatschinken" recipe?

Should work out for Kaiserschmarrn as well, I guess, if you add some raisins ....
Thanks! It's very nice of you. I guess there are very few modifications needed to make it a suitable Kaiserschmarrn material, so I'll certainly give it a try next time when getting that occasional sweet tooth. But I've got to confess I don't put raisins into Kaiserschmarrn (or into anything else, for that matter).

Reactions: PTree15 and Andy_T
The difference when making the non-vegan version is that you are supposed to whip up the egg white, so it gets a more fluffy consistency.

Maybe something that might be achieved with baking powder or aqua faba....

Here's a recipe usinq aquafaba...
Thank you! I knew about the difference and have some ideas about achieving the fluffiness. Gotta see which one of them will work :no_mouth:

My usual craving for onion rings :ignore:
Saw a tip to coat chickpeas with cornstarch when you roast them. I haven't been happy with how I was roasting them, so now want to try that. Probably just never dried them enough :shrug:

Donuts. All kinds. Everything I've been watching on tv has people eating donuts...boxes and boxes of them.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
My husband popped some and it smelled so good but I couldn't indulge because I ate my quota of food for the day lol.
Awww, boo! RE: Doughnuts. I so wish we had The Holy Donut here in CT. There are two in Portland, Maine, and they usually have three or four kinds of vegan doughnuts. They are so freakin' good.

Reactions: KLS52
^ Apart from the tahini for me!

I was craving a vegan McMuffin so I am going to make one for brunch. Fried tofu and sausage in a toasted muffin. I don't have the right type of cheese as I only have grated so I might leave that out.