What are you craving?

There should be a thread, what are you not craving because I think about food 24/7. It would be more likely to come up with one thing I’m not craving than to list the 100+ food items I feel like eating right now. :rofl:
Have you been to the Aldi there yet?

Have you been to the Aldi there yet?
No...I’m pretty much not venturing out yet. I only go to stop n shop for my silk creamer and I’m still doing curbside pick up at Walmart.
I meant to answer your question about Trader Joe’s...we don’t have one here. Whole Foods either. :( I did try the chorizo however and unfortunately I didn’t like it. Something about the way it’s spiced.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
No...I’m pretty much not venturing out yet. I only go to stop n shop for my silk creamer and I’m still doing curbside pick up at Walmart.
I meant to answer your question about Trader Joe’s...we don’t have one here. Whole Foods either. :( I did try the chorizo however and unfortunately I didn’t like it. Something about the way it’s spiced.
Since you don't have a TJ's that would be "fortunately" :rofl: There are a handful of things I really like that are special to TJ, and that's one
Aldi though, I have a list.
That frappe I made was all Aldi- The cafe bustelo is $2 something there. Mine just started doing online and curbside pickup

• Haha
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I want another frappe! :rofl:
I also want those tub cool whips to be vegan--not the vegan ones, cool whip, just be vegan
I need to try the Aldi almond milk ice cream in vanilla

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I want another frappe! :rofl:
I also want those tub cool whips to be vegan--not the vegan ones, cool whip, just be vegan
I need to try the Aldi almond milk ice cream in vanilla
Do you not like the so delicious coco whip? It does have a coconut taste to it unlike cool whip. I always liked cool whip. I prefer Soyatoo sometimes because it tastes a lot like redi whip. But the canned whipped cream doesn’t work for everything because it deflates. You have to eat it right away.

I love Trader Joe’s. I always spend too much there so it’s probably good that there isn’t one nearby.

• Friendly
Do you not like the so delicious coco whip? It does have a coconut taste to it unlike cool whip. I always liked cool whip. I prefer Soyatoo sometimes because it tastes a lot like redi whip. But the canned whipped cream doesn’t work for everything because it deflates. You have to eat it right away.
I like some coconut things, but not sweet cremes. Never tried Soyatoo-but where I've seen it it was expensive! The vegan Reddi whips were absolutely disgusting to me- both the almond and coconut ones.
I don't see why cool whips can't be easily vegan- and cheap at the same time!
I made the frappes for me and my son and after I took mine out he added Aldi brand cool whip, I was jealous!

So easy to make vegan products without being either overly processed or totally wfpb.
Celebrities are getting into the food biz left and right, why not some vegan ones?
I so miss the restaurant Chryssie Hyndes had in Akron Oh.
Maybe Jayzee and Beyonce????

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I like some coconut things, but not sweet cremes. Never tried Soyatoo-but where I've seen it it was expensive! The vegan Reddi whips were absolutely disgusting to me- both the almond and coconut ones.
I don't see why cool whips can't be easily vegan- and cheap at the same time!
I made the frappes for me and my son and after I took mine out he added Aldi brand cool whip, I was jealous!

So easy to make vegan products without being either overly processed or totally wfpb.
Celebrities are getting into the food biz left and right, why not some vegan ones?
I so miss the restaurant Chryssie Hyndes had in Akron Oh.
Maybe Jayzee and Beyonce????
I did not like the almond or coconut ones either. But Soyatoo is good imo. Something about soy based items that taste more like dairy to me...creamer, yogurt, ice cream, whipped creams. I like all the soy based ones. I’m annoyed that the almond and coconuts became so popular because the soy ones are getting harder to find.

• Friendly
My vegan version of eggplant parmigiana.
Still craving. I bought one eggplant and if I don’t make it today it’s going to go bad. It’s just so hot I dread standing over the stove to fry it. I could experiment by cutting it into small chunks, still dipping and breading it, and then cooking in the air fryer...🤔

if I do it I will then have to make potato salad and baked beans because for some reason I love how the three of these items go together.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Still craving. I bought one eggplant and if I don’t make it today it’s going to go bad. It’s just so hot I dread standing over the stove to fry it. I could experiment by cutting it into small chunks, still dipping and breading it, and then cooking in the air fryer...🤔

if I do it I will then have to make potato salad and baked beans because for some reason I love how the three of these items go together.

That would work.

Reactions: KLS52
cole slaw--but with good vegan mayo dressing!
I bought Hellmans vegan because I couldn't find Just again and it's it yucky :yuck: , tastes like plastic!
I'm gonna have to try Andys mayo recipe with the added potato!