What are you craving?

I look at rescue cats and dogs everyday as they come up on my phone! Lots of them seem like they can't live with any other animals which is a shame.

Have you thought about fostering? I saw an advert for that in a cafe near me the other day. I probably couldn't do it while I have a dog unless the cat was very confident.
I cannot foster ever again. I can't let them go afterward. 😞 it's how I ended up with Bratt, Joon and Stella. 🤦‍♀️

I should look into this organization...I think it's called Paws something or other. I don't know where they are located but they have a foster program where senior/sick cats go to live out the rest of their days with a foster family so all medical expenses are covered by the organization. And that way the cats get to spend the rest of whatever time they have left in a loving home instead of a shelter.

I cannot foster ever again. I can't let them go afterward. 😞 it's how I ended up with Bratt, Joon and Stella. 🤦‍♀️

I should look into this organization...I think it's called Paws something or other. I don't know where they are located but they have a foster program where senior/sick cats go to live out the rest of their days with a foster family so all medical expenses are covered by the organization. And that way the cats get to spend the rest of whatever time they have left in a loving home instead of a shelter.
Same here, esp pregnant mamas whose kittens were taken so fast. I always wonder how many got forever homes .
I also think about that program, I don't know if my son could handle it though

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yes. That is a good idea. I would think of doing something like that. Maybe when I'm a bit older as I would like to have the freedom to travel for a few years after my husband retires.

Cats. I need more cats. I don't know what's wrong with me. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I'm not doing it. I just have this terrible need/void.

:cat::kitty::cat::kitty::cat::kitty:
But you have 2 now, don't you?

I saw your post (after this one) where you said fostering wouldn't be a good idea, because you would have difficulty giving them up when their Forever Home became available. The most cats I have ever had at one time was 3: first Riley, Phil, and Harriet, and then Riley, Harriet, and Crystal. I know you've had 3 cats at once, too. Contrary to what some have written or said, I think there is a noticeable increase in difficulty with each additional individual you must take care of.

Reactions: KLS52
Gingerbread. I think I will make some for Thanksgiving. :) (I can't believe Thanksgiving in the U.S. is almost here!)

• Love
Reactions: silva
But you have 2 now, don't you?

I saw your post (after this one) where you said fostering wouldn't be a good idea, because you would have difficulty giving them up when their Forever Home became available. The most cats I have ever had at one time was 3: first Riley, Phil, and Harriet, and then Riley, Harriet, and Crystal. I know you've had 3 cats at once, too. Contrary to what some have written or said, I think there is a noticeable increase in difficulty with each additional individual you must take care of.
Yes, I have Stella and Joon. I had four before I moved. Ben died just prior. And I lost Bratt last year.

The most I had at one time was six. That was too many. I had Mikey and Mandi and then Mandi had four babies ...she escaped when we were moving into a new house in 1995. She was pretty young and I hadn't gotten her fixed yet...and I kept all four kittens. I really do have a problem giving up any critter that lives with me for more than a day, lol. They lived quite a few years, too...two I lost around 9 years of age and the rest made it to 17-19 years.

Four is a nice number lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
I was craving vegan hot dogs ( which I bought yesterday) and also chips/fries.

Pizza. With or without vegan cheese... I had one with vegan cheese once, and it was okay, but the "cheese" just didn't have the right texture or flavor. As far as I was concerned, it could have been left off and the pizza would have lacked nothing. I'm into the sauce, the toppings, and the crust, baby! (My sister and I recently had a small pizza for dinner. She doesn't like the thick crust around the rim, so I ate hers.)

I like pizza without cheese too. I don't like the vegan cheese they use in some mainstream restaurants. I think it is rice based.

I like pizza without cheese too. I don't like the vegan cheese they use in some mainstream restaurants. I think it is rice based.
Vegan pizza cheese seems kinda tasteless, but I do like some for the texture, when it's not snotty