What are you craving?

Yes! It's in stores, but not ready

You've had it? How? Like before it gets the fuzzies?
I haven't, yet.
I have read that the roots can be made into flour, young ones can be eaten raw and leaves can be used in salads, stems can be boiled and flowers roasted. I think it's better to roast them before they get the fuzzies. But I haven't really looked very deep into this, just have some general idea of how it would be to prepare them.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Wow that looks delicious!
I don't think I've ever made french toast since being vegan, and rarely before
When my kids were little I would saute tofu in butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve with berries. I never saw that as a thing anywhere. We liked it

I've been craving dessert in general and able to make a lemon cashew cheesecake thing, but no crust

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
When my kids were little I would saute tofu in butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve with berries. I never saw that as a thing anywhere. We liked it
Hmmmm...I have a waffle maker and saw a TikTok where they cook the tofu in there. It comes out super crispy. I haven't done it yet but I wonder if I would like it with powdered sugar and berries!

Just a second cup of coffee, really.
A third coffee.....but too late. I need to get some good decaf :yes:

That lemon cashew cheesecake I wanted--didn't have anything for crust, didn't have any coconut oil--so I doubled up on the agar and now have a very thick sliceable lemony -- thing. :hmm:
I used half the sugar it called for, and used powdered to help thicken. If it were sweeter it would probably be a lot better. I might whip it up tomorrow and add more, maybe add some berries?
If I liked coconut creme with citrus that would be great, it would be creamier, but I don't

A third coffee.....but too late. I need to get some good decaf :yes:

That lemon cashew cheesecake I wanted--didn't have anything for crust, didn't have any coconut oil--so I doubled up on the agar and now have a very thick sliceable lemony -- thing. :hmm:
I used half the sugar it called for, and used powdered to help thicken. If it were sweeter it would probably be a lot better. I might whip it up tomorrow and add more, maybe add some berries?
If I liked coconut creme with citrus that would be great, it would be creamier, but I don't
I'm so glad I like the so delicious coco whip. It's so convenient. I had it with some mixed berries today. Other times I mix it with peanut butter. It's so good. If I really want it decadent I add shaved dark chocolate.

Hmmmm...I have a waffle maker and saw a TikTok where they cook the tofu in there. It comes out super crispy. I haven't done it yet but I wonder if I would like it with powdered sugar and berries!

I have a sandwich press and have used that to cook tofu slices. Works well, though I had never thought to use tofu as a sweet, now I want to try it.
If I eat all my dinner tonight I can have raisin toast or a crumpet foe dessert. S.O is complaining I'm too skinny and is trying to improve my appetite

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I am pretty much always craving chocolate so I made a simple recipe that was posted by a Facebook friend.
Slice a banana into pieces and make little sandwiches with peanut butter, then dip them in melted chocolate chips. Put in freezer to harden and enjoy!
I love easy snacks like that!

I love easy snacks like that!
I learned that you shouldn't put the little chocolate bananas in the freezer. The bananas get mushy. Next time I will put them in the fridge instead to harden the chocolate. I didn't even think about the freezing/thawing of the bananas!

Reactions: KLS52