Vegan "milk" chocolate?

Jaydoesitgood

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I hate dark chocolate, its very bitter and doesnt taste good to me. Ive yet to find any vegan alternatives to milk chocolate that I like. Now I need it pretty badly for a recipe.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Reactions: TofuRobot
Look for vegan "milk" chocolate with cashew or macadamia or hazelnut milk rather than almond milk. I tried some locally made "melk chocolate" with almond milk and it was weird and not convincing.

I had some valentine hearts from PETA2 last year at an event we had on campus that were vegan milk chocolate and pretty good, but I couldn't tell you the brand. Look on the PETA website, you can probably order some form of it from them.

Reactions: Lou
Enjoy life has good chocolate bars and mini chips. They use rice milk.

Reactions: hopeful
Have you ever had Endangered Species Dark Chocolate?

Not all are vegan or organic. but a lot of them are. And I think they are all Free-Trade.

If you haven't tried them, I think you should. You will probably be very happy.
My grocer keeps them by the checkout, which in my opinion is playing dirty. It's very difficult for me to pass them by when they are vegan, free-trade, organic and 10% of the profits go to animal conservation.

The little animals on the label all call out to me, "Buy me! Eat Me!" Their pathetic little voices are so sad. I feel bad for them and buy them.

I found a review of them online. The link is below with some good suggestions and advice. But I think you should buy one of each and draw your own conclusions. :)

https://www.godairyfree.org/product-reviews/endangered-species-dark-chocolate-bars

Reactions: hopeful