Vegan drunk food?

spooky

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I've been vegan for about a month and have had no difficulty so far with transitioning, EXCEPT, because it's that time of year again I have been a bit drunk twice in the past month and both times have eaten foods with milk in them while drunk and felt wholly unable to stop myself although I have no problem with refraining from them when sober. I know that now the NYE is over I wont be getting drunk very often again, but just for future reference, is there anything VERY EASY and vegan you would recommend making before going out for me to eat when I get back, that a drunk person would go for, to stop myself from eating things with milk in them when drunk? I'm really hating myself for it but when I'm drunk I just don't have the foresight to stop myself in the moment, and not getting drunk at all isn't an option at the moment because of certain personal issues that I am absolutely working on and that have SIGNIFICANTLY improved over the past while.

I know you've said it's not an option, but if you are so unhappy with the way you act when you're drunk then it really seems like you should at least consider cutting down on the amount that you're drinking.

As a workaround, find straight substitutes for the things that you're eating. If it's something specific that you're craving then let us know and I'm sure people will have suggestions for swaps that you can make. Hard to say without even knowing whether it's sweet or savoury food that you're looking for!

Reactions: veganwoman
We had spinach dip last night. It's really easy to make. It uses toffuti sour cream, toffuti cream cheese and just mayo. Add it to canned or frozen spinach, green onion, paprika, garlic and onion powder. Then just pop it in the microwave to heat it through.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I've been vegan for about a month and have had no difficulty so far with transitioning, EXCEPT, because it's that time of year again I have been a bit drunk twice in the past month and both times have eaten foods with milk in them while drunk and felt wholly unable to stop myself although I have no problem with refraining from them when sober. I know that now the NYE is over I wont be getting drunk very often again, but just for future reference, is there anything VERY EASY and vegan you would recommend making before going out for me to eat when I get back, that a drunk person would go for, to stop myself from eating things with milk in them when drunk? I'm really hating myself for it but when I'm drunk I just don't have the foresight to stop myself in the moment, and not getting drunk at all isn't an option at the moment because of certain personal issues that I am absolutely working on and that have SIGNIFICANTLY improved over the past while.
Hey! No judgement here. There’s nothing wrong with getting drunk every once in awhile. When transitioning to vegan I was consuming a lot of alcohol and drugs, I noticed that every time I got messed up I broke veganism. After two years of failure I decided to get sober and focus on veganism. There’s great alternative drunk food! If you’re out at the bars I bet you can always find a late night place that has vegan food! If you’re drinking at home then have something ready to eat. Make food before you get shwastyyy. Just always remind yourself about why you became vegan. Also always surround yourself with people who support you (I know that one can be hard, but it’s true.) Again good luck on your journey! And remember you’re not only saving lives, you’re also helping out the environment!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Soybeans are my favourite; the drunk mind interprets those as sausages lol :)

Drinking heavily will definitely cause you to regress to old habits unthinkingly.

Try limiting how much you drink or at least how often you actually get drunk. However if you are a habitual drinker this could be easier said than done.

If you crave cheese or dairy your body is looking for fat to soak up the alcohol in your body.

Try eating avocado fries (breaded fried pieces of avocado but that might be too complicated if you're very intoxicated)... Or if you are out at a fast food place get a bean burrito with extra guacamole and/or French fries, greasy potato chips, or Fritos with bean dip or hummus. Fritos have extra fat due to being fried rather than baked like most tortilla chips and are "accidentally" vegan.

Really anything high fat. Pizza with vegan cheese is another idea, or vegan sausages pan fried with sourkraut or fried onions and peppers on a roll or bun with vegenaise.