3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
For the sauce

12 large cherry tomatoes quartered
2 cups packed fresh spinach
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
200g tagliatelle (for Gluten free, use GF brand of pasta)
Black Pepper to Seaon
Method

In a large bowl mix together the balsamic, garlic and chili flakes and then dredge the tofu slices through the mixture and just leave in the bowl for 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp water to a medium sauté pan over a medium/high heat and lay the slices of tofu on the pan, pour over any remaining marinade and cook for 6 – 7 minutes, add a little extra splash of balsamic to keep it moist, Then turn them over and cook on the other side for 6 – 7 minutes until they start to brown up.
While the tofu is cooking you can prepare the tagliatelle, just add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes, drain and set aside.
Pop all the cherry tomatoes and the balsamic in a medium sauce pan over a medium heat and cook for 15 minutes until they start to break down and become mushy, throw in the dried basil and the spinach (the spinach will wilt in the sauce) cook for another 5 minutes and it’s done.
I quickly popped my pan of tofu over a high heat for 2 minutes to warm through again before serving.

TOFU AND TAGLIATELLE.JPG

:up: Thanks, I made this today as I had lots of fresh spinach to use up. My tofu didn't turn out as good as that picture.:oops:

Reactions: KLS52
I thought this recipe was from VV, couldn't find it. I'm going to make this tonight as I (again) have lots of fresh spinach to use up.