Today's Vegan Menu (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your meals are always so appetising and healthy. Perhaps you should set up a vegan meals on wheels firm.:p
Lol, thank you, shyvas. :) If you notice, though, I don't always post my weekend meals, which aren't always so healthy. ;) Plus, I'm usually away on the weekends visiting friends and family, when I seem to indulge a bit more than I do during the week. :D

Lol, thank you, shyvas. :) If you notice, though, I don't always post my weekend meals, which aren't always so healthy. ;) Plus, I'm usually away on the weekends visiting friends and family, when I seem to indulge a bit more than I do during the week. :D

That's what is all about - balancing healthy meals and a bit of indulgence from time to time. I also have some treats which aren't really what you would call healthy.

Reactions: PTree15
That's what is all about - balancing healthy meals and a bit of indulgence from time to time. I also have some treats which aren't really what you would call healthy.
It is, and balancing it makes me really appreciate the treats. I'm lucky that I like healthy food :D. I know so many people who won't touch a vegetable. I can't imagine not eating vegetables. I love them so much.

It is, and balancing it makes me really appreciate the treats. I'm lucky that I like healthy food :D. I know so many people who won't touch a vegetable. I can't imagine not eating vegetables. I love them so much.

Same here. I enjoy eating vegetables and whole grains. I also like desserts but actually don't enjoy over sweet stuff. I never add the amount of sugar stated in a recipe and usually add either coconut sugar plus a blend of Stevia and xliytol. (sp)

Same here. I enjoy eating vegetables and whole grains. I also like desserts but actually don't enjoy over sweet stuff. I never add the amount of sugar stated in a recipe and usually add either coconut sugar plus a blend of Stevia and xliytol. (sp)
I, too, cut down on some of the sugar, depending on the recipe. I put in only half the sugar for my vegan chocolate mousse recipe. I really love the taste of chocolate, and it needn't be sicky-sweet.

Today:
Two oranges, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Lunch will be out, as my boss is taking out our department (there are just four of us) to Mongolian Grill, which has lots of options for vegans.
I will also be having a hefty piece of the chocolate peanut butter cake I made for the occasion.
Dinner will be something pretty light, as I think lunch will be my main meal today. I will probably have some leftover fried cabbage and maybe some steamed carrots, or perhaps a baked sweet potato with a touch of brown sugar and EB.

Banana and peanut butter smoothie made with soy milk and topped with a little maple syrup
Orange
Avocado wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, banana peppers, pickles, onions and roasted red peppers with a little bit of spicy mustard
Gardein barbecued beefless tips topped with mozzarella plus fried cabbage and steamed carrots
A pint (or two) of red IPA
Trail mix of chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries

I've had a mish-mash of stuff today because I didn't have ample time to prepare anything last night:
Protein bar
2 oranges
Hummus with carrots and sweet potato chips
2 dill pickles
Apple with peanut butter
I'm craving Asian food. Might go out for Chinese, but if I don't, I have spicy peanut sauce in the fridge and I can have that with some noodles. It depends on how long work goes today/tonight.

Breakfast: my own salt-free whole-wheat bread, toasted, with some cooked pinto beans and steamed turnip greens.
Snack at work: some accidentally-vegan garlic bread, microwaved, and a persimmon. The persimmon was taking a long time to ripen, so I decided to eat it anyway even though it was still quite firm. It smelled faintly sweet. It didn't make my mouth feel furry inside, like I was expecting, but it was kind of crunchy and not nearly as sweet as it should have been. Maybe it was because it was imported from Spain and didn't ripen properly...

The rain in Spain makes growing persimmons for export a pain...

English mufffin with EB and cashew butter
Banana
Black bean burger and cajun fries (at Eli Cannon's Tap Room)
Chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting (courtesy of NoRa in Middletown CT)
Popcorn

Total carb fest today :D :
Lemon pancakes with blueberry syrup; home fries; toast with EB; half an orange; black coffee
Veggie calzone made with broccoli, spinach, red onion, garlic, parsley and Daiya cheddar shreds; mashed butternut squash with maple syrup and brown sugar; Lawson's Sip of Sunshine IPA
Banana-cashew butter ice cream with vegan chocolate sauce

Banana with peanut butter, two mugs of Earl Grey tea
Orange
Steamed/sauteed mixed veggies (broccoli, spinach, green peppers, red onions) topped with melted Daiya cheddar shreds
Trail mix (peanuts, almonds, raisins)
Dinner will be a leftover veggie calzone made with broccoli, spinach, red onion, garlic, parsley and Daiya cheddar shreds; mashed butternut squash with maple syrup and brown sugar; salad with Italian dressing.

I think I want popcorn tonight.

Homemade granola (courtesy of a good friend!) with almond milk; iced coffee with almond milk
Orange
Salad of romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, pepperoncini, red onions, green olives, walnuts and raisins topped with Italian dressing
Dinner will be Gardein fishless filets with tartar sauce and some leftover sides: mashed squash with maple syrup and brown sugar and fried cabbage and a glass (or two ;)) of red wine.

I ended up having banana-cashew butter ice cream last night, so I might have popcorn tonight.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Iced coffee with almond milk, apple
Spinach wrap with avocado, baby spinach, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, red onions, pickles and spicy mustard; carrot sticks
Banana with peanut butter
I'm undecided about dinner, though I have some leftover sides (mashed squash and fried cabbage) that I might pair with a black bean burger, or zucchini cakes or maybe some Gardein chik'n tenders.

I still haven't had my popcorn. I was too full last night. :D

Banana with peanut butter, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Orange
Aloo gobi from an Indian restaurant near work; some work friends took me out for my birthday, which was really nice. :)
Not sure what I'm having for dinner; maybe some tofu quiche from the freezer, as I haven't had time to restock the groceries since returning from vacation. :)

English muffin with peanut butter and blueberry jam, tea
Banana-blueberry smoothie made with soy milk
Lunch will be a bean burrito with Daiya cheddar shreds, red onions and hot sauce and chips and salsa
Dinner will be chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce, steamed broccoli and leftover EB mac and cheez
I'm sure there will be some Ben & Jerry's ice cream in there for a snack or dessert. It's all I can do not to eat an entire pint in one sitting. :D

Last edited:
- Oats, chia seeds, almond milk, pb, blueberries, walnuts & agave.

- cocoa mint nakd bar

- 1 dark Rye ryvitas topped with tesco vegan cheese

- Nut roast, garlic roast potatoes, roasted carrots & broccoli

- Chocolate mug cake

Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, banana with peanut butter
Bean and Daiya pepperjack cheese burrito with red onions and hot sauce
Hummus and carrots
Tofu quiche topped with Daiya cheddar shreds and a dash of hot sauce with a side of quinoa chickpea risotto (new recipe I am trying from Veganomicon)
I'm in the mood for popcorn (again, lol), so I will probably make some for a snack tonight.

Reactions: KLS52
So work got in the way of my making the risotto, so I'm hoping to try last night's planned dinner again (I ended up having a chickpea cutlet with carrots, broccoli and leftover EB mac and cheez because it was quick and I was starving!)

Today:
Iced coffee with almond milk, orange, banana
Hummus with carrots/tortilla chips (I need to go shopping for fresh veggies)
A wrap with Gardein beefless tips in buffalo sauce with sauteed onions and green peppers
Tofu quiche topped with Daiya cheddar shreds and a dash of hot sauce with a side of quinoa chickpea risotto (new recipe I am trying from Veganomicon)

Iced tea
Tortilla chips and salsa; pita chips, green peppers and tomatoes with hummus
Black bean burger on a roll with pickles, red onion, greens, mustard, relish and ketchup, steamed green beans, roasted potato wedges and salad topped with Italian dressing
Chocolates (brought by my friend with whom I had lunch); chocolate mousse topped with raspberries
Part of a leftover quesadilla and chips and salsa

Status
Not open for further replies.