Not open for further replies.
From yesterday:
B: oatmeal, banana, soya milk
L: left-over vegan spaghetti bolognese
S: dark chocolate
D: burritos with home-made seitan, guac, salsa, rice on the side etc

Reactions: PTree15
Orange, iced coffee with soy milk
Roasted acorn squash soup with oyster crackers; hummus with carrots and celery sticks
Dinner will be veggie chili with cornbread.

Dessert will probably be banana-cashew butter ice cream, if I decide to make it. :D

B- Hot cereal and coffee
S- A granola bar and a green apple
L- Taco salad
D- Sauteed potato, zucchini and mushrooms with cheese

Sesame bagel with peanut butter, orange, iced coffee with soy milk (not used to such a big breafast!)
Veggie chili with crackers; hummus with celery sticks
Dinner will be Indian. I'm meeting friends after work. Can't wait. I love Indian food.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Half an English muffin with EB and blueberry jam; banana with peanut butter; tea
I have lots of leftovers from dining out two days in a row, so lunch will be Alu Chole (chick peas with onions, herbs, tomatoes and potatoes) over jasmine rice.
Dinner will be tofu and broccoli in garlic sauce. I also might steam some carrots. I've been craving carrots a lot lately.

Not sure about dessert...maybe a trail mix again or perhaps just some hot chocolate with an orange.

Tea, orange
Veggie chili topped with Daiya cheddar shreds and crushed saltines
Hummus with carrots
Dinner will be my leftover Indian food: Alu Chole and maybe some leftover broccoli from Chinese takeout. :D

I think my snack, if I have one, will be popcorn.

Iced coffee with soy milk, banana with peanut butter
Veggie chili with basmati rice topped with Daiya cheddar shreds
Hummus with green peppers and carrots
Orange
Dinner will be falafel with tahini sauce and sides of roasted Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.

B- Panini with Violife cheese and lots of tea.
L- Roasted chickpeas, salad with dressing and two corn on the cobs.
Snacks were crisps, an apple and a chocolate bar.:)

I have falafel and some vegetable bakes in the freezer so I will probably have one or the other for dinner with oven chips and veggies.

Half a grapefruit, Starbucks vanilla soy latte
Chickpea salad sandwich on a hard roll
Hummus with carrots and green peppers
Dinner will be spaghetti squash "pasta" with Gardein meatless balls and sauce; salad of spinach, carrots, raisins, red onions, pickles, walnuts and green olives topped with oil and red-wine vinegar

I'm not sure there will be any room for dessert. :D

Iced coffee with soy milk, half a grapefruit
Veggie chili with Daiya cheddar shreds
Hummus and tortilla chips
For dinner, I'm toying with going out to ION for a buffalo tofu wrap, but I really should just cook something at home, and if I do, it likely will be a sandwich of some sort. I'm thinking maybe a Tofurky sausage grinder with peppers and onions. I eat way too many peppers, lol!

Iced coffee with soy milk, half a grapefruit
Veggie chili with Daiya cheddar shreds
Hummus and tortilla chips
For dinner, I'm toying with going out to ION for a buffalo tofu wrap, but I really should just cook something at home, and if I do, it likely will be a sandwich of some sort. I'm thinking maybe a Tofurky sausage grinder with peppers and onions. I eat way too many peppers, lol!

I also am a big fan of onions and peppers. I'm craving a tortilla wrap for breakfast. I do have some tortillas in the freezer so off to make something savoury.

- Oats, chia seeds, almond milk, pb, blueberries, walnuts, 2 dark chocolate squares & agave

- Cocoa orange nakd bar

- Sarelle bar, almond milk latte

- tesco butternut & kale nut roast, garlic roasted potatoes, maple parsnips & broccoli with gravy.

- Possibly (definitely) a waitrose signature spice hot chocolate later

Clearly the chocolate cravings are in full force today. :'D

Banana, blueberry, peanut butter and chocolate smoothie made with almond milk
Salad of spinach, walnuts, raisins, carrots, red onions, pickles and green olives topped with Italian dressing; small scoop of chickpea salad
Spaghetti with olive oil and black olives, iced tea with lemon

Yesterday:

B- Hot cereal and coffee
S- A grapefruit
L- Leftover Indian sweet potato, spinach and chickpea curry
S- Tofu, green beans and mushrooms with a Chinese-style garlic sauce

D last night: A huge black bean burrito from a local Mexican-ish take-away with extra guac and tortilla chips on the side.
B: The usual oatmeal, soya milk and banana combo.
L: Bean burger on slice of bread, salad of lettuce, bell peppers, olives.
S: A clementine.

But now I'm starving, so will need another snack before dinner.

Edited to add: I managed to survive without a snack before dinner, which was a lovely lasagna with fried green beans and spicy kale on the side. I then finished off with approx. 60% of a big bar of dark chocolate.

Last edited:
Granny Smith apple with peanut butter; iced coffee with almond milk
Veggie chili topped with Daiya cheddar shreds
Banana and blueberry smoothie
Dinner will be a tofu-veggie scramble (tomatoes, spinach, onions) with a salad of romaine lettuce, carrots, green peppers, red onions, pickles and olives topped with olive oil and red-wine vinegar

English muffin with peanut butter, half a grapefruit, tea
Apple and endive salad, hummus with carrots and peppers
Spaghetti squash enchiladas topped with Daiya cheddar shreds

I am trying out some new recipes as part of my New Year's resolutions. A friend at work gave me the salad recipe from Blue Apron, which is a service that delivers all the ingredients for some healthy, tasty meals. They portion out everything you need and you put the meal together. If you sign up for their emails only, they send you recipes every week. Most are meat-based, but the sides, like the salad, are pretty tasty.

I found the enchiladas recipe on my FB feed. You basically roast two halves of spaghetti squash and then make a filling of onions, peppers, black beans, corn and pickled jalapenos with taco seasoning and whatnot, and then you stuff the squash and broil it for a couple of minutes with the Daiya on top. I will post the recipes at some point, as I have to get off to work soon, but suffice it to say that both dishes are delicious. I have leftover filling, as the recipe was for two squash, but I think I will throw some quinoa or brown rice in with the filling and make stuffed peppers.

- oats, chia seeds, almond milk, pb, blueberries, walnuts, agave & 2 squares dark chocolate.

- naked cocoa crunch bar

- salad, falafel, houmous & some vegetable soup

- banana

- beans and vitalite on toast. Some leftover tofu curry.

Iced coffee with almond milk, half a grapefruit
Veggie pot pie (I found a piece hiding in the freezer!) with apple and endive salad
Hummus with veggie chips
Spaghetti squash enchiladas topped with Daiya cheddar shreds, more apple and endive salad (this is so tasty)
For a snack/dessert, I might have a banana with peanut butter

Gluten-free Blueberry corn muffin (one of my work friends bought this for me) from Edge of the Woods natural food store in New Haven, CT.; tea
Spaghetti squash enchilada with Daiya cheddar shreds on top; half a grapefruit
Hummus with sweet potato chips
Salad of spinach, tomatoes, red onions, chickpeas, walnuts, raisins, green olives and pepperoncini topped with Italian dressing
Banana-peanut butter smoothie made with almond milk

Status
Not open for further replies.