The Weather.

Oh and shoveling it so you can get out of your house and driveway!
now the shoveling part I did, but I didn't learn to drive until I moved. It is way more chill to drive here, even now I'm unsure if I have the confidence to drive where I grew up in. But that’s conflicting because I really miss living in Illinois

Last edited:
I love snow in moderation, but the last couple years we've gotten pounded in short time periods, so much I pay for a plow contract! Like this morning, we got like 7 inches in about 2 hours. It was hours before our street got cleaned. If it stays cold it keeps accumulating and theres no where to put it!
Tomorrow should be dry at least, but I don't want to go back to work :tired_face:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
It is quite chilly out, but at least there is nice sunshine.

When I was living in Putnam county we had a blizzard on April 1, 1997. I was driving my daughter back to college in New Paltz. That was about an hour from my house. It had just started snowing. On the way home...mind you I was alone and I was driving an old Chevrolet Celebrity I think...heavy car and I had four brand new snow tires...it was so bad I couldn't see two feet in front of me. Halfway home I decided to stop at a deli on route 32 for, you guessed it, bread and milk. 😆 And snacks. The power was out but I was able to get the items.

When I hit I84 I you couldn't see the lanes. I drove behind a big truck. We were the only two on the road. And I couldn't read the exit signs because they were covered in snow. It was so bizarre. And honestly, I was loving every minute of it...back when my anxiety was not an issue.

Let's see...how old was I in 1997? 🤔
45...that explains it lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I never drove in the snow so.. I like it.
I think the snow is lovely to look at, but I loathe driving in it. Mostly because other drivers aren't as cautious in snowy conditions as I am.

Today is quite chilly, and it feels more like winter than fall. The sun was out all day, though, which was nice.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Tom L.
When I was living in Putnam county we had a blizzard on April 1, 1997. I was driving my daughter back to college in New Paltz. That was about an hour from my house. It had just started snowing. On the way home...mind you I was alone and I was driving an old Chevrolet Celebrity I think...heavy car and I had four brand new snow tires...it was so bad I couldn't see two feet in front of me. Halfway home I decided to stop at a deli on route 32 for, you guessed it, bread and milk. 😆 And snacks. The power was out but I was able to get the items.

When I hit I84 I you couldn't see the lanes. I drove behind a big truck. We were the only two on the road. And I couldn't read the exit signs because they were covered in snow. It was so bizarre. And honestly, I was loving every minute of it...back when my anxiety was not an issue.

Let's see...how old was I in 1997? 🤔
45...that explains it lol.
O my gosh I know that feeling. The first winter we moved into my last house we had a terrible snow storm. I couldn't make up the hill to our house and had to detour through side streets to get to the other side of the street. Those streets were all weirdly winding, and I wasn't familiar at all. I had a compass, but that was no help. The street signs were completely covered in snow, and I slowly circled and circled until by chance I found a main street I know o_O. I started off crazy with anxiety, but when I calmed done and realized I wasn;t going to go in ditch it did feel rather peaceful.
I used to love to sit on our trampoline in the winter snow, alone in the quiet that winter enhances

• Friendly
  • Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I think the snow is lovely to look at, but I loathe driving in it. Mostly because other drivers aren't as cautious in snowy conditions as I am.

Today is quite chilly, and it feels more like winter than fall. The sun was out all day, though, which was nice.
It's Nov 29. I've always considered Nov as winter. I know I'm wrong though

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
It feels very cold today and I haven't even been outside yet. I need to go to the pharmacy and I wish I didn't! The house is 14 so I switched the heating on.

Reactions: KLS52
Southern Connecticut Weather (SCW) just put out their 2023-24 winter forecast. It's super interesting, detailed and lengthy. And disappointing. Again. Overall it will be warmer than normal but not as warm as last year, and little snow for the shoreline. 😞

I came out of my appointment and I thought it was snowing, but it was only sleet as it has melted now!

Reactions: KLS52