Anyone tried the new Beyond Beef?

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I haven't seen it at any of the stores around here yet. I watched a video of Sauce Stache trying it, and he gave it high marks.

I don't usually eat faux meat burgers, but I do like to use it sometimes in cooking. I just made a pot of 15 bean soup where the recipe called for 1 pound of sausage. I put a pound of Beyond in there. There are other recipes like a vegan Italian Wedding Soup that I make.

He said that the new formulation is a lot lower in saturated fat, and tastes a lot better.

Has anyone tried it yet?

It has avocado oil so not for me. I hope they don't mess with the Italian sausages, those are the only faux meat things I care about buying--oh, and Aldi meatballs for spaghetti

I looked at Beyond today and they had the Italian sausage on sale---it now has avocado oil :pout:. I guess I'll be making it all myself
The box of 8 burgers still are the old formula, so I got a box.

I have had the new Beyond Burgers and they are very good IMHO. I don't really notice any big difference from the "old" version though. Maybe they are juicier. At any rate, I like them.

Reactions: PTree15
I got some Beyond Burgers from Costco, and the only thing I noticed is that they don’t generate as much smoke when you fry them. They have set off my smoke alarm even cooking just at medium in the past. They do have an odd smell, but it has never bothered me.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC