The Weather.

It's 36°C around here where I work, 37°C in our town. I decided to venture outside for my lunch (in the shade). It should get cooler from here onwards, rain by 6pm.

• Love
Reactions: Brian W
I keep checking our weather wondering when it's going to hit here again. So far we haven't even hit the 30's Celsius yet, and I could not be more grateful.

Here's a few tips for folks suffering in the extreme heat.

Las Vegas is expected to hit 112F/44C today. I’m not sure that’s unusual for there for this time of year, though.

• Wow
Reactions: Brian W and Raven
Yes it 40° here and a combine harvester in the field nearby caught fire - it of course spread to the field and the road through town was closed due to smoke. Not sure if its under control now as there's no updates.

Poor farmer...I do hope he got away OK.

I saw that on the news and realised that is quite near where I used to live in east London. I've never even heard of Wennington, though. Looks awful.

My husband had lots of delays getting home as there were so many fires in London and travel was so disrupted as well.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
Currently, at 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon. I went to sit outside for a bit and didn’t last long, despite the humidity being so low! I was kind of surprised at how dry the air felt but it was still too hot to be in the sun. I lasted ten minutes, lol.

0A801635-D473-4A97-B147-43CEE9627F73.jpeg

ED5E55CB-BA4E-46BD-8B52-19D4230EA86A.jpeg

I loathe heat like this. I haven't been outside all week. I have a birthday party for my great-nephew Nolan tomorrow in New Hampshire. It's inland, and it's going to be a scorcher. I'm going to pack a cooler with lots of ice, water and some pretzel nubs with the peanut butter inside. I'm also going to eat before the party, because they are having pizza, and also because this kind of heat kills my appetite, so I want to make sure I eat breakfast and lunch before I go. I want to get some Gatorade for the electrolytes, but I have to check whether it's actually vegan.

We just got a little rain but it is still hot. I don't go out unless absolutely necessary. I try to do errands early before the heat sets in. The heat indexes have been in the 100's for weeks already and the really hot summer time isn't even here yet!

Much cooler, thankfully, here. I did cover my front door with a piece of material as it has a window and that did keep the heat out.

I keep reading that people say if you cover your south facing windows with tin foil that it reflects the heat back out and keeps your house cooler so I will try that if we get another horrible heatwave.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
7:30 am… the UK still has us beat though. Plus, this is not that unusual for us here, although we normally don’t go this many days in a row without a break.

FFF20EB0-D1E7-4621-97BD-5444AF472B58.jpeg