The Weather.

Extreme heat is awful and dangerous for the vulnerable including the elderly, youngsters and animals. Moreover, the
emergency services are stretched and many people will die.
If you can stay indoors, it's far safer. I used to put my feet in a basin of cold water before I had AC and that certainly
helped me cool down.
My husband was due to visit his mother in hospital Monday, but I said he should go another day as the hospitals are probably going to be busy with people as you are more likely to have a heart attack or a stroke in this type of weather. He is going to go see her Wednesday now.

I'm going to move our bed into the other bedroom tonight as it is cooler on that side of the house. I always use my foot spa, but with cold water and that does definitely work.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
My husband was due to visit his mother in hospital Monday, but I said he should go another day as the hospitals are probably going to be busy with people as you are more likely to have a heart attack or a stroke in this type of weather. He is going to go see her Wednesday now.

I'm going to move our bed into the other bedroom tonight as it is cooler on that side of the house. I always use my foot spa, but with cold water and that does definitely work.

That's a good decision as many people will be in A&E with strokes etc due to the heat.

Can you move such a big bed easily from one room to another?

I will be sleeping with the ac on tonight as my bedroom is facing west and it's very hot and stuffy.

I was thinking I might just move the mattress and not the whole bed frame.

That sounds like a better idea. I have a FB friend who lives in Montpellier in an old house with rescued farm animals. It was so hot the other night that she slept on a camp bed in her garden. She said that she slept well and was fine.

Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
It isn't as hot as I had feared it would be from the weather reports. It will go up to 33 later this afternoon until early evening.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
It is worse for my husband working in London on the tube trains. It is meant to go up to 37° C there later.

• Wow
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
It is worse for my husband working in London on the tube trains. It is meant to go up to 37° C there later.

Is he a driver? That must be so difficult esepcially as being underground, it must be so stuffy.

They have announced that the hottest temp atm is in Writtle Essex; 32.3°C.
It is currently 36°C over here.

Reactions: Raven
I sympathize with those having to suffer through the extreme heat right now. We've been very fortunate so far this summer. Last summer was off the charts hot.

I hope everyone finds a way to stay cool. My house is old. I have no heat pumps or air conditioners. Last year I resorted to freezing t-shirts and wearing them to keep cool. It was insane! I have made some renovations to my home, and bought a few new fans, to help keep it cooler, but I dread those kinds of temps again.

Stay cool and stay safe everyone!

We're OK in Sweden now as things have cooled down quite a bit, but I worry about my elderly Mum in the UK. She has been having difficulty breathing and usually has three fans blowing the air around but they are switching off the electricity in the next few days to do work on the building so she won't be able to use them. I hope it is cooler by then.

Is he a driver? That must be so difficult esepcially as being underground, it must be so stuffy.

They have announced that the hottest temp atm is in Writtle Essex; 32.3°C.
It is currently 36°C over here.
He is a mechanic/engineer. They do have air conditioning on the tube line he works on, luckily, but it still must be awful.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
As long as it cools down reasonably during nights it's not as a bad as a few years ago. People will be able to open windows during night time and early morning without buildings heating up like crazy.

Reactions: KLS52
Hot spell coming the next few days. 🥵 I’ve been doing well without A/C but I’m definitely turning it on tomorrow and going forward.

22A460CE-9C2E-4431-98F8-3A6C05EF6086.jpeg4FECFF51-06C8-4093-A3DB-BDFA956AC612.jpeg

Today is meant to be the hottest day, temperatures in parts of the country could hit 42°C today. I'm not too bad at the moment, but it is only 8 in the morning. :D

Today is meant to be the hottest day, temperatures in parts of the country could hit 42°C today. I'm not too bad at the moment, but it is only 8 in the morning. :D

I see that it says 41°C in Cambridge and 40°C in York with 32°C in Brighton.

The UK is the hottest place in Europe today.

It's going to be 36°C over here today and it's already stuffy and unbearable.🥵

The Met Office has confirmed that last night was the warmest night on record in Britain, with temperatures not falling below 25C (77F) in many areas of England and Wales. The highest overnight minimum was 25.9C (78.6F) at Emley Moor in West Yorkshire - smashing the previous record of 23.9C (75F) in Brighton set on August 3, 1990. (The Daily Mail)

• Informative
Reactions: Second Summer
The UK is making “breaking news” in the US. It’s all over FB…CNN, ABC, NBC, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas