The Weather.

Today will be a bit cooler but more humid with thunderstorms. So I think I’d rather have it hot and sunny. It’s going to be hard timing/getting a walk in today.

Rainy. Typical, just as I just bought a new washing line and did a load of laundry. :lol:

There is meant to be a heatwave this weekend. I just opened the windows, but it doesn't feel that hot at 11am. My new house is definitely cooler than my old one. I have only had to use my electric fan once and normally I would have had it on most days in the summer.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
33°C too hot to go outside during the day.
It is going to be that temp here tomorrow. It is meant to be coming over here from France and Spain.

I was going to go out to see a local castle this week, but think I will postpone it as I don't fancy going anywhere in this weather.

Reactions: KLS52
It is going to be that temp here tomorrow. It is meant to be coming over here from France and Spain.

I was going to go out to see a local castle this week, but think I will postpone it as I don't fancy going anywhere in this weather.

It's unbearable. The local met office has forecasted 37 °C at the end of the week.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
Another beautiful morning but it will get hot by afternoon…upper 80’s with real feel of 90.

We need rain. I got two notices saying we are now at level 2 of drought warning and to try and conserve water as much as possible. No watering lawns/gardens. That’s going to be tough for those who do a lot of gardening. I don’t have much. My two tomato plants are just about done and instead of using the hose to water the few plants I have, I can use a watering can. It will take longer but will save on wasted water. I don’t worry about the lawn at all. The only time we would water is if we reseed the bare spots. That was done early in the season so no need to water now.

Reactions: Chryssie
It is much cooler, thankfully, but it is meant to get much, much hotter next week.

I am dreading this hot spell. I'm not going out of the house for the next two days apart from my garden.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I am dreading this hot spell. I'm not going out of the house for the next two days apart from my garden.
Extreme heat is awful and dangerous for the vulnerable including the elderly, youngsters and animals. Moreover, the
emergency services are stretched and many people will die.
If you can stay indoors, it's far safer. I used to put my feet in a basin of cold water before I had AC and that certainly
helped me cool down.

I am in Savannah, Georgia and the weather is similar to Florida. We drove through downpours yesterday on the way. It rained on and off in the afternoon but got nice in the evening.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and shyvas