The Weather.

^That sounds like our community FB!

I'm keeping you and PTree and whoever else is affected in my thoughts
Ironic how awful Cleveland weather was growing up, and now everyone appreciates it's mediocrity!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
^That sounds like our community FB!

I'm keeping you and PTree and whoever else is affected in my thoughts
Ironic how awful Cleveland weather was growing up, and now everyone appreciates it's mediocrity!
It was a bust. Almost embarrassingly so. The southern Connecticut weather guy was telling people on his page to go ahead and havenā€™t him lol. He said it was great news for the state but not great forecast wise. He is a good sport.
I still say the more advanced technology they have the worse the forecasts have become.

Reactions: Emma JC
I wonder if some day I will not get worked up over pending doom and gloom. But then I think, noā€¦if I donā€™t freak out and I stay calm, that will be the one time it will end in disaster lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Oh Pooh. Henri is not done with us yet lol. But I donā€™t think my area will be that bad. Will still watch for water in garage tomorrow.

ā€œGood afternoon from SCW.

The rain is fortunately starting to diminish for now, as a weakening Henri continues to cross the state. With high tide coming tonight we still need to be vigilant along the immediate shoreline for flooding in flood prone areas.

Henri isn't done with us though. Tomorrow Henri will be a weak system wind wise, but it'll be moving very slow. Tropical systems don't just dissipate, and it takes longest for the rain to wind down.

Some guidance has Henri bring more rain to the state tomorrow, and in some places it could be a lot. This is as Henri makes a U turn to move back toward the coast. Northern and western CT are favored for heavy rains, but it could rain anywhere. The WPC has issued another moderate risk for flash flooding tomorrow.

In addition, we will be on the east side of the storm, and with a strengthening low level jet that means a chance of severe weather.

So while the wind threat is over, the other hazards remain. For now, we will rest a bit, and will be back if conditions warrant tonight and with more updates tomorrow.ā€

-DB

It was a bust. Almost embarrassingly so. The southern Connecticut weather guy was telling people on his page to go ahead and havenā€™t him lol. He said it was great news for the state but not great forecast wise. He is a good sport.
I still say the more advanced technology they have the worse the forecasts have become.
I love that guy from SCW! I'm exceedingly happy it was a bust in CT. RI did get battered, and my parents still don't have power, but on the plus side, their cottage is OK! Whew. Happy, happy.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
So PTree, these are photos from your areaā€¦looks like parts of CT got hit bad!
We lost power at 7:30 last night. It came back on at 3:15 am. Not so terrible. They are trying to scare us with excessive rain today so water coming in is still a concern, but so far so good.

Iā€™m assuming this isnā€™t you, hahahahaha šŸ˜‰
5F125E89-9FE6-4E31-A924-FB7D2E219268.jpeg

We have officially survived Henri with no damage.
Tennessee is breaking my heart. I canā€™t watch anymore.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15